Mod VM Products Suggestion to VM2 Development - Nice Idea :)

Started by lipes, May 09, 2012, 18:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

IDEA 1: we got this Configuration in Back End:

we got something like this in our website Front End :

we can't remove the Product Custom Fields or Cart quantity Box which give us a bad layout

SO... HERE IS THE IDEA:
My suggestion to solve/have better front end (without losing our work with hacks in every VM update releases) because we cant set this up in overriding ..
it's to have a Back End similar solution like this:

(in 'Yes' box read 'No' dont change the picture :P )

to we could get this displayed product result in FE:

What do you think about this?!
Thanks!
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

lipes

IDEA 2: Hi Community! I want to request if is possible someone tell me how to add an Multiple Attribute Selection of the Category's in the Virtuemart Product Module...
example: ( http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select_multiple )

We can only select 1 category to display the products in our page....
It will be nice if we could choose/select more than only 1 Category:
- To show that Category's products that we want..... (ex: "Category A", "B", "F")
or in the other hand...
- Or by choosing the Category's that we dont want to display that products ... (ex: "Category C", "D", "E")

lysov

Hi!
What prevents the disabled controls in the stylesheet, like this?
/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css:
  span.quantity-controls{display:none;}

lipes

Hi lysov.
You're talking about the 1st post? If you do that you'll lost the quantity-controls for the all website. And if you got an solution in the Module you'll get only disable for that module and not for all website...
In my template the 1st post it's solved... because i've edited the helper.php file and removed that code... But i need to edit every time that i do a update on VM2 (this is the worst part for us)...
In short, for now... i think that this 2nd idea its a better and usefull request:

Quote from: lipes on June 03, 2012, 17:34:53 PM
IDEA 2: Hi Community! I want to request if is possible someone tell me how to add an Multiple Attribute Selection of the Category's in the Virtuemart Product Module...
example: ( http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_select_multiple )

We can only select 1 category to display the products in our page....
It will be nice if we could choose/select more than only 1 Category:
- To show that Category's products that we want..... (ex: "Category A", "B", "F")
or in the other hand...
- Or by choosing the Category's that we dont want to display that products ... (ex: "Category C", "D", "E")

best regards

lipes