News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM2 Hide Base Price from Prod. Page but not from Checkout

Started by Fonias, May 07, 2012, 15:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fonias

Hello there,

i hope i am in the right section and the current issue isn't discussed anywhere else. I tried to find it, with no luck.. :(

I use VM 2.0.6 and i want to hide from product pages the Base Price and Tax amount.

But if i uncheck it from the vm configuration > Pricing those two fields also hide in checkout.

Which file do i have to edit in order to remove the fields from product pages?

Thank you very much!!

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Λέβητες Στερεών καυσίμων
http://levites.gr/

ahaaaa

Comment out the prices you don't want to show on the product page via "components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_showprices", also "components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default".

works for me.

elleclouds

this did not work for me.. anyone can help. I'm trying to hide tax on category layout view and anywhere before the shopping cart  :'(

jenkinhill

Quote from: elleclouds on January 09, 2014, 00:56:14 AM
I'm trying to hide tax

Then you are not trying to do the same as the original poster. Change the tax/calc rule to Tax per bill and then it will be applied & show at checkout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

elleclouds

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 09, 2014, 12:25:56 PM
Quote from: elleclouds on January 09, 2014, 00:56:14 AM
I'm trying to hide tax

Then you are not trying to do the same as the original poster. Change the tax/calc rule to Tax per bill and then it will be applied & show at checkout.

Jenkinhill thanks for your reply.  When I change it to tax per bill, it stops showing the base price altogether when displaying a list of products in category view.  It corrects the problem in the actual product page though.  How can i keep the base price in category listings also?

jenkinhill

Sounds like you may be using template overrides which you will need to edit to show base price without tax.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

elleclouds

Quote from: jenkinhill on January 10, 2014, 00:35:08 AM
Sounds like you may be using template overrides which you will need to edit to show base price without tax.

Kinda wish I knew where to begin with this issue?  In configuration under templates it says no override in all places.