News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved]error in stock 2.0.6 product stock is = 0 in frontend it can be ordered?

Started by jux, May 04, 2012, 12:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jux

Hello the team,
Well this is my last hope and seriously I do not know how to fix this issue:
I have done a fresh installation of my joomla twice 2.5.4 with newest VM 2.0.6

And when i set up a product in stock to = 0 in the frontend it can be ordered!
Except if I set up to -1 then it shows the notify me button.

The issue is when my product is set to =1 and a customer purchase it, it comes to = 0 and then it can still be ordered and I have stock issue.

I do not know why it is doing that, could you please give me a hand?

thank you

jux

sorry I have forgotten to post my information as asked in the topic:
A) PHP Built On    Linux anborn.planethoster.net 2.6.18-374.3.1.el5.lve0.8.44 #1 SMP Mon Oct 3 18:27:54 EEST 2011 x86_64
B) PHP Version    5.3.10
C)my sql version    5.1.62
D) memory_limit   128M
E) max_execution_time   60
F)Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.4 Stable [ Ember ] 2-April-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
G) VM before update : 2.0.6
H) VM after update: 2.0.6 (no update)
i) no
j) configuration.php    Unwritable
k) no

Virtuemart Version: 2.0.6

jux

ok I think I have spot the bug here , because I m not the only to get this error, and I have test and install on 3 differents computer with fresh download joomla 2.5.4 + vm 2.0.6 and the issue is still here:

*BUG find  with  the parent product /child

when you set up the stock of the parent product to =6
When the stock of the child product is coming to = 0 it takes automatically the stock of the parent (=6)

Moreover the parent product can be ordered which is not ok. (there should be a warning popup asking to choose a size or color first - meaining choosing a child product from the parent product)

I could set up the stock of the parent produt to = 0 but there will be a problem on the page of the parent product it will show= product out of stock or notify me which is measleading the customer that will think the product is not available.

Could you please let me know on how to fix this issue?
My e-commerce is stuck from opening because of this.

Thank you for the hard work , VM is such a great component!

jux

Is there anyone which could give me an advice? it is for a customer and I need to finish the e-commerce before next week , please it is  important

Thank you

ruyvaz

as happens in virtuemart 2.0.6?
I have a parent product that has 2 children, the first of the children (size 18) with 2 units in stock and the other (size 19) with a ... so if the parent has indicated that 3 units let me choose 3 of each, if I put that there is only 1 because it is the lowest in existence let me buy one, but I can buy many times ... no real control quantity.

how to fix this? maybe I made a configuration error ... but I can not go, I have 2 months with this problem.
please is urgent!

jux

Anyone can work on that?
it is a very serious issue for the new VM 2.0.6.
The old version did not have this issue

Thank you

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: juliengrano on May 04, 2012, 14:33:10 PM
Moreover the parent product can be ordered which is not ok. (there should be a warning popup asking to choose a size or color first - meaining choosing a child product from the parent product)

No, this is wrong, you must handle that. There exists at least two methods to use it. Some want only customs, then unpublish the parent. Others see the parent as main product and just wanna offer later different variants.

Quote from: juliengrano on May 04, 2012, 14:33:10 PM
I could set up the stock of the parent produt to = 0 but there will be a problem on the page of the parent product it will show= product out of stock or notify me which is measleading the customer that will think the product is not available.

This is indeed the right method. Unpublish your parent, give one child a category. Give every child a stock, but at best empty it of the parent.

I just tested it again, with a child an notify, both parent and child have an inventory entered, it works exactly as it should.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

uschmi

This works for me!!1  :) :) :)
Thanks Milbo!

This should be explained somewhere for the users because you will never guess it is working this way.