News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Adding several prices on the same item

Started by Philippe Saugère, May 03, 2012, 22:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe Saugère

Hello,
I would like to add additional prizes for a same article depending on quantity. How can I do?
I tried with custom fields, without success.
In fact, I would like this option when the customer clicks on "add to cart". Then the system will show him several prizes available depending on quantity.
Thank you for your help.
Joomla 2.5.4 VM 2
Philippe

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Philippe Saugère

ok i bought the extension but how does it works.
I read it was in the calculation rules?
If, for example, i want to sell a product but in different state and each state have a price, how can i do ?
Thanx

Philippe Saugère

Hi,
where could i find documentation for this plug-in, please.
I dont't know how it's work.

John2400

Philippe,

hi in the normal calcultions in tax you can set a different tax rate per state and country - problem is (it depends in your country) if the uSA then you might have to do 50 plus states , in Australia only 7 max ?

* but it can be done there?

Philippe Saugère

Hello,
my first question was not about stories of taxes.
I just want to offer multiple prices for the same product.

Example: I sell protective film for glazing. I have different size roll and each roll has a price.

I wish that customers can choose their roll and each roll is linked to a price. When they click on the roll they want, it will add to the basket with good price.

How i can do that ?

So, I do not think the plug-in that I bought is useful that I want to do, am I wrong?

Thanks a lot

John2400

Hi Philippe,

Ok the small issue here is that jenkinhill, I thought, answered your question well. that extension will allow eg ( 1 product for $1.00) or say ( 5 products for $4.00) so that is quantity and varing prices.
* attributes will allow you to set different prices for different quantities but you have to set the quantity and price eg ( 1 is $1.00) , (2 is $10.00) simple drop down boxes.
* the prices can vary in each state if you calculate a tax so - that also works.

* I think we covered all options.

* If we have missed the idea - then give an exact example or a product and show a list of the volume and prices.

Philippe Saugère

ok, here is the page where there is the problem: http://boutique.uvprotech.fr/index.php/nos-films/films-anti-graffitis/agi-100-detail.
Perhaps it will be more explicit.
A roll, a price
Another roll, another price

In any case, I wonder how this plug-in works in the back office. It is not at all intuitive

John2400

It looks as though you are using the wrong attribute ?

Are you using "Cart Variant" as this will allow you to have one product and then many drop down varients with different prices.

* What you have is two set variants with only one option each -

* "you have many to one" , "when you can set one as to many"

Philippe Saugère

I used the custom field and tried many things.
But, yes, I used the value "attribute cart" several times in different cases.
What I would like is a detailed description of what to do to have a product and then many drop down varients with different prices.
Thanx again

John2400

custom field>>new>>custome field type>>cart Variant>>title>>attributes"you pick a name">>
cart attribute >>yes  leave the rest >>save

Go to a product >> pick your product>>custom fields>>custom field type >> pick the one you chose"by name">>then fill in one and save >> repeat>> many times using the same name.
Save, save save ,

On the font you will see just one attribute name and many drop down options with a variety of prices.
Then go back and change what you need to change
Done

Philippe Saugère

John,
it's not what i want. It's great, but it's not what i want.
Really sorry.
In fact, i don't want variety of prices for one  product.
I want one price for one variety of product.
I do not know if I'm making myself clear
Imagine a roll of film. A blue film

This film is sold in different length.
a roll of 1m
a roll of 2m
a roll of 3m

The 1m roll cost 1€, $, £ what ever...
the 2m roll cost 2€
the 3m roll cost 3€

I'm a customer and want the blue film in 2 meters in length. I click on the radio button "2 meters long" and the basket is filled automatically with the good item.

How can i manage that with the custom fields ,

I sure we gonna understand each other. But sorry for my poor english. it's a hard exercice for a french ;)
thanx

Philippe Saugère

Ok l had a flash and i think i finally understand what you said.
Sorry.
I try another way
Thanx

John2400

Example - took me one minute

http://www.moreeinfo.com/home/index.php/handtools/nice-saw-detail

is this almost what you want ?

Philippe Saugère

yes exactly and thanks to you, I succeeded.
http://boutique.uvprotech.fr/index.php/nos-films/films-anti-chaleur/ir50-detail
Now, I must see with my client how to manage the price because obviously, in VM, there is a unit price and then you create rules for calculating taxes.
I will already see it and I would probably stay on the forum to understand these rules.
Another big thank you for your patience and availability :)
Philippe