News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Partial Solution to Migration of Product Attributes

Started by raycarter, May 01, 2012, 17:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

Which extension do you use to filter products?

tanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

mdills

S. Nalepa

Kudos!

Great script! Just put it, after modification, in the Joomla!-root and ran by writing the script-name as address in the browser - and ta-daa! Attributes are put just where they should be!

I'm thinking rebuilding this script to an analogous import of all the extra-images - should be do-able, shouldn't it?

raycarter

Quote from: S. Nalepa on October 18, 2012, 18:28:48 PM
Kudos!

Great script! Just put it, after modification, in the Joomla!-root and ran by writing the script-name as address in the browser - and ta-daa! Attributes are put just where they should be!

I'm thinking rebuilding this script to an analogous import of all the extra-images - should be do-able, shouldn't it?

Should be. Yes. 

The script is not complete. It only brings straightforward attributes like shown in the original post. There are other attributes in virtuemart which are defined with an "=" sign (see below) and i do not know how they should look like in new virtuemart. This is something you could improve upon.

Attribute type not working yet = Size,110 x 170cm[=104.17],140 x 200cm[=158.33]

betterlead

Quote from: S. Nalepa on October 18, 2012, 18:28:48 PM
Kudos!

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a solution. Could save hundreds of hours of work.
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

patrick356356

Yes, I agree. Anybody who can solve the issue that migration doesn't migrate additional images (and other additional files) will be my hero!

saviB

Thank you raycarter

I could really use this too! My attributes are product variants - like color, type of bead, etc. I ran the importer - but I don't believe it worked for my set up. However - there are now custom fields.

raycarter, I'd be happy to pay if you could take a look at my set up and see if we can automate adding the attributes. And, I'm fine with posting the work for all to use. It would help very much if you had a solution for migrating the additional images too! Just PM me if you are interested.

infin8

What a LEGEND!  Just imported attributes for over 1300 products! Thanks mate  8)

raycarter

My apologies i didnt check the site in a while and couldn't answer any private messages that i received but perhaps i dont have time to work for anyone. I am doing this to help people.

I can find some time this weekend but i need a live example of how those child products (which are not being imported by this script) would be setup in new virtuemart (site url and the database tables for both old and new virtuemart) and i will try to automate it.
This is what i want to do first. If examples are provided with additional images etc, i will perhaps do that too.

I hope those who build upon this script will not use it for profit. It should be free.

Quote from: saviB on October 23, 2012, 21:59:39 PM
Thank you raycarter

I could really use this too! My attributes are product variants - like color, type of bead, etc. I ran the importer - but I don't believe it worked for my set up. However - there are now custom fields.

raycarter, I'd be happy to pay if you could take a look at my set up and see if we can automate adding the attributes. And, I'm fine with posting the work for all to use. It would help very much if you had a solution for migrating the additional images too! Just PM me if you are interested.
With regards to additional images, Does this not work for you? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=109502.0

saviB

QuoteWith regards to additional images, Does this not work for you? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=109502.0

OUTSTANDING! Werian, this is such a great thing you have done for us. Note to other users, after installation, you need to ENABLE the plugin through the plugin manager. Just search for: Images migrator from VM1 to VM2 and click the red dot.

Raycarter, thank you too, for bringing this to my attention. I have since updated all the attributes in that site - but I may need help in the future. I have another 10 sites to convert... Sigh... PM me if you are interested in VM work. I need a few modifications I would like to discuss.

Spiros Petrakis

Hi raycarter great job a must have tool .
I have only one problem all the attributes migrating to vm2 but because i use Greek language for some of them they display like this ? ? ? ? ? ?
Joomla templates and extensions development
https://www.yourgeek.gr

haidamaka

raycarter

Quote from: yourgeek on January 16, 2013, 13:01:42 PM
Hi raycarter great job a must have tool .
I have only one problem all the attributes migrating to vm2 but because i use Greek language for some of them they display like this ? ? ? ? ? ?

I have updated the code. test and reply.

Quote from: haidamaka on April 25, 2013, 20:24:59 PM
It`s excellent solution. Thank you so much!!!

I am glad it worked for you. :)

wnrdesign

Hi Ray Carter,

Great script! I've imported all the product options. There is only 1 problem.

The prices are set in the virtuemart value like this: SS Performance street disc[+24.37]
The price is not copied to the price tab

These are the values:

Value: SS Performance street disc[+24.37]
Price: 0.000

Any suggestions.

Kind regards,
Wouter

NOTE: I've managed to find out the problem, i've exported the product attributes to a csv file via phpmyadmin and managed to find out there where a few rows corrupted. Fixed those rows and imported via phpmyadmin again, and voila! It worked

[attachment cleanup by admin]

hoseonline

Hi,
it doesnt run.
When I start the script it says
Connted to DB - Beginning operation

INSERT INTO jos__virtuemart_customs (custom_title,custom_tip,field_type,is_cart_attribute,published) VALUES
        ('Größe',"","V","1","1")
all end

There are no attributes in the new tables of VM2.

Can you help?