News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

What happened to the extra info configuration for PayPal?

Started by antonitus, April 29, 2012, 15:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonitus

Not sure if this has been discussed, although I could not find any relevant search terms to find it.

For VM1.+, we have an 'extra info' configuration page to add PayPal config code, but in VM2.+, there is no such option.  Can somebody please direct to the file, if any, that I can edit just like that in VM1.+.

Really what I want to know is what file is controlling the output of the PayPal invoice.  I tried finding it and I had no success, I must be overseeing something.

Thanks,
Tony
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

Wow, what speedy response???

Anyway I found the file that outputs the PayPal invoice, although it seems to have been re-written compared to VM1+.  Why did the developers not include the paypal extra info page just like in VM1+, it would have made life so easy instead of hacking core files.  I know it's early days for VM2, but I'm losing hope at the moment, but I'm prepared to wait and I must not moan. I can see a lot of hard word has been put into this new version and it's free.  I can wait as long as it takes to get it to the VM1+ point.  But saying this, I will still be using VM1.1.9+ as I feel it is more robust and stable at the moment.  Just the other day I tried to upgrade to the latest version of VM2 and it messed everything up, it did not show any of the prices of the products so I won't be doing that again, lucky I did it on a copy of the site, so it is always wise to test it first.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16