Main Menu

SOLVED Price: No additional charge after dropdown

Started by goodiex, April 30, 2012, 19:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azamkl

A method mentioned by capricornio works for me. Thanks for the highlight.  :-*

Kellluke

Quote from: apexd.com on November 07, 2012, 16:13:37 PM
Ok newbies I found the answer in another forum for the directory to where this file is located so here goes the information reference in this post is located in ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini simply open this file in something like your text editor find the line that reads COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="No additional charge" and replace it with COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="" save and upload
I tried, but didn't work for me. I use Joomla 2.5 and VM 2.6.0 also tried through Language Manager - Overrides. Still nothing. Some help, please?

jenkinhill

In recent versions the language file is  components/com_virtuemart/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini  (all VM language files are kept within the VM component directory structure.  The constant to override is COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE   See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Kellluke

richm

Quote from: capricornio on November 19, 2012, 17:28:46 PM
It's easier to use a language override, since that one is resistant to any updates. Just go to Extensions - Language Manager - Overrides to add your preferred textstrings

This is the best thing I learned today in the Joomla world!

rdharma

Perfect! I want to change Dropdown listings  to radio or text buttons for size using custom fields. Any advice>>>

VirtueMart 2.6.14
Joomla! 2.5.28

http://darkwearuk.com/j259/mens/game-over-t-shirt-detail.html

muku

I have faced that  "no additional charges" problem and found a solution.

go to ->administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/customfields.php

you have to just change on line 1397/search it -       $price = ($customPrice === '') ? '' :  vmText::_ ('COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE'); 
WITH   -  $price = ($customPrice === '') ? '' : '';

that solve my problem  may be next -> YOU
8) 8) 8)