News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

SOLVED Price: No additional charge after dropdown

Started by goodiex, April 30, 2012, 19:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodiex

I'm using Joomla 2.5 running vmart 2.0.6

I have custom fields setup (plug-ins w/ cart Attribute).  My products have a price and they have attributes for certain additional costs +5, +10 etc
The issue is, after the plug-in on the customer facing side, I still see "Price: No additional charge" after the attribute which clearly indicates the opposite.
Now, this is NOT the COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="" language file "no additional charge".  This does not appear in the dropdown but after the dropdown.
how do I get rid if this thing before I go crazy?
[see image]

techrahul87

hi,

I have faced that  "no additional charges" problem once but not in exact way that u have.

Go to ur products list page in admin.
select the product and got to custom field tab for that product. now when u are assigning values to custom fields make sure that price field is not set to 0.

not sure though... hope it works.

goodiex

gotta love fixing your own problems.
By default the custom fields I put in had a "0" for the price modifier.  This zero creates the "price: no additional charge".
I just removed all the zeros and the messages went away.

matthewod01

Thanks for the easy fix!  I was searching every file in com_virtuemart!

topgun21

Quote from: goodiex on May 03, 2012, 04:01:00 AM
gotta love fixing your own problems.
By default the custom fields I put in had a "0" for the price modifier.  This zero creates the "price: no additional charge".
I just removed all the zeros and the messages went away.

This didn't work for me, VM put the zeros back in. All price modifiers are defaulting back to "0.0000" on my installation.

capricornio

To get rid of the text, just do a language override for COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE with a blank value. This will suppress the ugly text behind the custom field.

oMikR0n

Quote from: capricornio on October 18, 2012, 21:28:08 PM
To get rid of the text, just do a language override for COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE with a blank value. This will suppress the ugly text behind the custom field.
Thanks a lot mate!

apexd.com

It would be nice to the rest of us newbies if someone could simply share the directory where this file is found

apexd.com

Ok newbies I found the answer in another forum for the directory to where this file is located so here goes the information reference in this post is located in ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini simply open this file in something like your text editor find the line that reads COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="No additional charge" and replace it with COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="" save and upload

capricornio

Quote from: apexd.com on November 07, 2012, 16:13:37 PM
Ok newbies I found the answer in another forum for the directory to where this file is located so here goes the information reference in this post is located in ROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini simply open this file in something like your text editor find the line that reads COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="No additional charge" and replace it with COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="" save and upload

It's easier to use a language override, since that one is resistant to any updates. Just go to Extensions - Language Manager - Overrides to add your preferred textstrings

BekahPeak

Quote from: capricornio on November 19, 2012, 17:28:46 PM
Quote from: apexd.com on November 07, 2012, 16:13:37 PM

It's easier to use a language override, since that one is resistant to any updates. Just go to Extensions - Language Manager - Overrides to add your preferred textstrings

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  This worked perfectly and simply!    :D

dixonzhai

Hi, I can get rid off the text "no additional charge" but the text "Price: " is still there, please help!

lilmiss

QuoteIt's easier to use a language override, since that one is resistant to any updates. Just go to Extensions - Language Manager - Overrides to add your preferred textstrings

Thanks! This did the trick!.

Go to admin backend of site> Extensions> Language Manager> Overrides>
For Language Constant Type in: COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE
Then for Text leave the second part blank.

I didn't do this correctly the first 2 times but figured it out. Thought I would help try to clarify what to do.

seyi

Hello,

Setting the price field to blank and saving does not work because a 0 is added again upon save.
Adding the language override for COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE does not fully work either because there is still "Price:"

The solution I used was with css where the div is just hidden:

div.price-plugin {display:none;}

That solved it

Seyi A
--------------------
Promotion enhancement for Virtuemart:
   - AwoCoupon FREE - http://www.awocoupon.com/starter
   - AwoCoupon Pro - http://awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon
   - AwoRewards - http://awodev.com/products/joomla/aworewards
   - AwoAffiliate - http://awodev.com/products/joomla/awoaffiliate

annabunting

Quote from: capricornio on October 18, 2012, 21:28:08 PM

Can someone do this for me? I have asked my IT guy to do it many times and have come to the conclusion that he doesn't know how. Get in touch with me at anna@anytimetack.com thanks!!