News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field ordering

Started by goodiex, April 30, 2012, 06:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodiex

Joomla 2.5 Vmart 2.0.6

how does anybody get the custom fields ordering to work?   I've ordered it in product > custom fields
and created a parent object with each attribute in the correct order.
When I add the plugin in products > xx product > custom fields is just ignores the ordering.
Then regardless of the order I save it, it shows up in a totally random order to the customer.

I can even add each of my plugin fields one by one in the correct order, and it still publishes in a different order!!
Someone has to have fixed this or I'm missing something.

Actlas

I have the same question.

This is an important bug in Virtuemart! How is it possible that this used to work in VM 1.5??

bob@robertclinton.com

Just found the same issue. Tried setting the order in the product custom fields admin and in the custom fields creation admin ordering column. In the latter you can change the sort order number, but they do no re-sort in the admin list or on the page.

Infule

I've been trying to see how it's currently ordering the Custom Fields for plug-in's and noticed that it is ordering it on the front end by virtuemart_custom_id in the virtuemart_customs table of the database. So I set the custom id to the order that I needed and it fixed it on the front end. Although, I had to re-assign the custom fields to the products since the custom field has a new database id. This is a temporary fix until the full ordering error can get fixed.

I'll look into what's causing the code to sort by "virtuemart_custom_id" and not by "ordering" as it should be. Can somebody help find this as well?

bob@robertclinton.com

Thanks for your input, Noel.

I thought about doing that as well, but I already have a store configured with dozens of products and custom fields. It seems that there should be a relatively simple fix for this. Other items like product categories sort with a sort order field.

cspub

how did you get yours to add price as in your example? i've tried doing it, setting the item as cart variant but it used the additional price as a discount.

Bruce2013

Quote from: goodiex on April 30, 2012, 06:49:40 AM
Joomla 2.5 Vmart 2.0.6

how does anybody get the custom fields ordering to work?   I've ordered it in product > custom fields
and created a parent object with each attribute in the correct order.
When I add the plugin in products > xx product > custom fields is just ignores the ordering.
Then regardless of the order I save it, it shows up in a totally random order to the customer.

I can even add each of my plugin fields one by one in the correct order, and it still publishes in a different order!!
Someone has to have fixed this or I'm missing something.

I have installed
Joomla! 2.5.14 Stable,
VirtueMart 2.0.24.
And have the same problem. Is this bug still not fixed?

MKI-Miro

same problem here Joomla! 2.5.16 virtuemart 2.0.24

dsrpmedia

is it possible to set the order of the custom fields? - one would think it should be (joomla 2.5.16, vm 2.0.24c)

lindapowers

Don't know if this is new i but works for us in 2.024c:

Click in your parent product an in first tab where you set the Price scroll down and set your ordering in the order column: