News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Request] default country

Started by zebrafilm, April 27, 2012, 20:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafilm

Please add an option to set a default country.

Now my clients get confused because the (auto)shipment and payment system only kicks in when a country has been selected.
It adds extra questions and lines to the shopping cart and should not be needed.

People that buy something as guest see a very complicated and confusing page. I have already taken out the shipping address but it still seems too much for some less experienced people.

So on my list now:
Default country
Take out the TOS items everywhere when switched off in config
Make the shipping address optional.

Thanks,

Bastiaan

thebeuving

Hey Bastiaan,

Here is a link to a write up a did on how to set your default country: http://srihosting.com/blog/2012/05/set-default-country-for-virtuemart-2/

Thanks,
David
Founded in 2005, Khoza Technology, Inc. formerly SRI Hosting, Inc. is an IT services company with proven success building hosted services, applications, and websites.

https://khoza.com

zebrafilm

Thanks David,

Niice job. Thanks for that and lets hope the fix finds its way in vm2.0.8

Although it matches the country to the shop, my main problem (well those of unexperienced shoppers) is that that the payment and shipping is not set standard for that country too.

Explanation:
We have one country we deal with, so there is one payment method and one way of shipping, both set to automatic.
When a client clicks on the add to shopping cart and continues to buy the product, they see a (for some of them confusing) page.
Empty address, need to select payment, need to select shipping. Some of them try to click on shipping or payment first and get a sorry not available message. What the f***!.
Not everyone understands they need to enter an address first.
Easy if you are a regular internet shopper but plain crazy if you show all three on one page and only one can be the first.
Software is not only about functionality for devs :-)
Everyone should find its way easy so the user interface should be carefully thought of.
Shipping and payment should be invisible if there are no options, just the default. 

Bastiaan