News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No prices in the checkout page?

Started by razvanbirle, April 27, 2012, 15:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razvanbirle

Hi! I'm Dan.

I'm using joomla 2.5 and VM 2.06.

As the title says, I don't have any prices showing up in my checkout page whatever I do.. I tried enabling all prices in the configuration and still nothing. I'm not using discounts or any other types of prices; the tax is already included. But I already tried with a tax and still didn't work.

This is a link to the website:
http://mellisa.nu

You can find products only in the Renseprodukter category.
Please help!

anupam_sam

using joomla 2.5.2, VM 2.0.4.

i got the very same issue and what i figured out seems to be a coding error or a bug in the /com_virtuemart/cart/default_pricelist.php.

All the product price related data is inside the $this->cart->pricesUnformatted object BUT the code is printing the prices & sub-totals from the
$this->cart->prices and  $this->cart->products object.

$prow => which is   $this->cart->products['product_key']
So to be precise :

This code
$prow->basePriceWithTax

should be this
$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['basePriceWithTax']

$prow->salesPrice

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['salesPrice']

$prow->subtotal_tax_amount

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['subtotal_tax_amount']

$prow->subtotal_discount

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['subtotal_discount']

$prow->subtotal_with_tax

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['subtotal_with_tax']

$this->cart->prices['taxAmount']

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['taxAmount']

$this->cart->prices['discountAmount']

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['discountAmount']

$this->cart->prices['salesPrice']

$this->cart->pricesUnformatted['salesPrice']

Above list is just to pin point, there are many more instances of $this->cart->prices to be changed. so inspect the $cart object & make changes accordingly.
Override the file /com_virtuemart/cart/default_pricelist.php in your template and make the above changes, thereafter prices and subtotals will show.

but i wonder if this is a bug why not everybody is facing this problem and if its not then why not our VM $cart object contains prices object???
Now i see a lot of people experiencing the same problem & its a bug in VM.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

anupam_sam

i updated to VM v2.0.6 & removed the override. It is now showing prices & subtotals.

razvanbirle

Thanks for the fast reply! umm.. where can i find this override? I'm already using 2.06 and I checked the file and it looks ok..

razvanbirle

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 27, 2012, 23:30:44 PM
Not a bug, there have been some code changes. See this:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101533.msg336716#msg336716

And a solution here:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101335.msg337410#msg337410

also checked the files and they are all fine (the echo in the 2nd change is still missing on the link you gave me but it's in the file).

as for the solution, i tried it before but maybe i don't understand where those overrides are; there were 3 select forms in the Templates Tab in configuration and all three of them are set to No override. Am I missing something?

razvanbirle

Fixed

I didn't look into default_pricelist.php in the template's folder. That one needed some updates; I replaced it with the one in the component folder and now it works well.
Sorry for the trouble and thanks!

Cheers

qwerty123456789

Thank you!!!!! Just replace file in template with new one from components!!

Frank Beier

I'm also having the same problem on a site:

http://www.papercircle.org/jos25

This is a site under construction.  No pricing is showing up at checkout.  I recently did a migration using Migrator for Virtuemart.  I haven't really even started to configure the cart. Simply migrated the old cart in and relinked the images.  Trying to verify why prices don't show.

Please help.

jenkinhill

What version(s) are you isung. This thread is about a 2 year old version!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Frank Beier

Joomla 2.5.18 - VM 2.0.26d -  PHP 5.3.26

jenkinhill

You have a JavaScript issue preventing product add to cart. The console error message is:
TypeError: jQuery(...).fancybox is not a function
"transitionOut"   :   "elastic"

Caused by the jQuery version being loaded by your SW Menu which is older than the previously loaded and required VM version. If you must use that menu script then try preventing it loading its jQ library.

For jQ debugging see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0

There is another error showing in some browsers:
Content Security Policy: Couldn't parse invalid source chrome-extension

This is related to your facebook link.
<script src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1" type="text/javascript"></script>
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Frank Beier

Issue Resolved.  Thanks for the help.  Once I downloaded a plugin to pull in current Jquery code, the problem went away.  I had another minor issue that was resolved when I removed a conflicting plugin and component.