Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Ask a question error messages

Started by andreasgr, April 26, 2012, 00:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreasgr

Hi
i have joomla 2.5.4 with vm2.0.6a
The ask a question option is not functioning correctly.
More specific when i enter the email, the name and the subject and press enter i have the following message:

Notice
•   You must provide at least one recipient email address.
Invalid address:
Thank you for your Question. We will contact you as soon as possible. Close

It is very strange cause except all the others it says that the mail was sent successfully but no email is received.

The joomla mail settings are functioning correctly.

I also include a capture.

Just for the records, I installed vm 1.1.9 in the same server to a demo site just to make sure there is no issue with the server settings and it is working just fine.

please help

[attachment cleanup by admin]

andreasgr

Hi
can someone help please, is it a bug of vm2.0.6?

andreasgr

anybody have the same problem and solved it?

andreasgr

anybody has the same problem and solved it?

Milbo

I am sorry, we had this problem imho in 2.0.4, but I think it is fixed now.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

andreasgr

Hi Milbo

i upgraded form 2.0.4 to 2.0.6 and also to 2.0.6a but the problem still exist.
What should i do to fix it manually?
I do not have this problem in vm1.1.9 in the same server.

kind regards

mdousset

I have the same error message upon checkout even though it does send the confirmation email.

mdousset

Forgot to mention we are using VM 2.0.6.

andreasgr

me too
i upgraded in 2.0.7 but still the error is not fixed.
The error was when i upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.0.6

mdousset

Please note that the order confirmation email goes out to the customer but not to the store admin, so I wonder if the store admin is setup properly.  Can anyone help me verify some of this, in the DB if needed?  Thanks.  Marc

mdousset

OK, all I had to do to resolve this was select a vendor in the admin under Shop->Shop.  I think it must have gotten unset during one of the VM upgrades.

nicole2292

Are there any other solutions to this problem?

It has started appearing for me since I changed the vendor in the store, I actually couldn't figure out how to change the vendor to another existing joomla super admin (should just be a drop down or something but alas like many things it's not that simple. Therefore what I actually had to do was delete the old one in the database so it automatically detected the only remaining super admin (the one I wanted to use)... however since then this error has cropped up.

The vendor is correctly listed in the admin under shop > shop and they do have a valid email address. So why am I seeing this message and why are they not receiving the email notifying of a new user?