News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[BUG] Custom date fields crash VM (solved in 2.0.7a!)

Started by zebrafilm, April 25, 2012, 17:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zebrafilm

I created a custom Date field, one as cart attribute and one without, dragged them up to the top of my (long)list of custom fields and saw that after dragging the table was missing a column for the date fields. Not sure which ones but I saw the little red delete icon one column to the left. Thi was only for the date field I was dragging.
I pressed save and got an error:
DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (-Never-) at position 0 (-): Unexpected character

Now I cannot even open the product pages. More or less Vm2 is inaccessible. Going to dig into the Database otherwise a lot of work from today has been gone.
Not sure if I am going to see if I can reproduce but if others run into the same problem....

J2.5.4 VM2.0.6

UPDATE:

Was able to delete the records form the DB. clearly the wrong fields were in the wrong place.
I was able to recreate the errors: See pic.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

zebrafilm

Can anybody try/test this problem and see if it is only my install?
I think it is a pretty serious issue...

Bastiaan

Studio 42

Hi,
In normal case the saved value is not '-never-' but '0',  never must only used as a display.
Ill check it ...

Studio 42

Fixed now in new Developpement revison.
Thanks for reply
TO remove the saved datas you must search for -never- in mysql
DB > XXX_virtuemart_product_customfields
fields > custom_value
and remove it.

zebrafilm

Great news, will test tonight.

Already got the fields out of the DB because it blocked my Vm completely :-)

Thanks for the quick fix and feedback.

Bastiaan

zebrafilm

Just tested this problem in 2.0.7 (assuming it carries the last dev updates)

The problem is still there.

Milbo

The reason is that Patrick fixed it 10 minutes after I uploaded it already. So just check the version of today. Do you have me in skype?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

zebrafilm

Nope but my skype is zebrafilm.
Just going through the SVN to get the latest files....

Bastiaan

zebrafilm

Just checked in 2.0.7a and the problem is still there and getting very urgent for my projects!

When I create a custom date field, it already jumps the wrong way in the table.

Studio 42

It"s another problem then.
The ordering is false ?
Because the date is now correct

zebrafilm

Did you see the attached picture?
It looks like it is in the wrong column still.
Will check it on some other installs tomorrow but it's a serious problem because I need it on an already working 'live' site.

Bastiaan

Milbo

It is imho only a cosmetic thing and not real issue, because only the shopowner (your client assumingly) sees it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

zebrafilm

Yes you are right, it is functioning, its just a layout issue now. Fooled me. Sorry.