News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cart not saving after logout

Started by gotroch, April 24, 2012, 15:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotroch

Our client wants to remember cart content of a logged user till next session. There is such a function in VM1 but it doesn't work in this way in VM2 any more.

Could you please point me at some extension, plugin or where I should to modify the code?

Many thanks in advance.
Pavel.

suhreed

I am also looking for this feature. What I understand, VM2 saves cart items in Joomla session. When user logs out, session is destroyed and cart items lost. In Vm1 cart items were saved in database table. If someone develops a plugin to do it, then only we can get back that feature. Waiting for such a feature.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ezsea

I don't understand why the VM2 removed this useful function. A little disappointed with this new version. It seems that VM1 is more professional except SEF. Now if you want to obtain some functions in VM1, you have to purchase some 3rd parties' plugins or do a lot of coding. :( :( :(

Florentp

Hum, i'm a user of Vm 2 & 1.
I don't know if that's "More professional" or not, but I really think that remove items from the cart when user logout is a nice point.
I mean, it's seems more logical. If I had to do my own shopping system, I'll probably do the same.

If that's a feature you want, and if some users need it, you should creat a topic there :
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=9.0

Web programmer. Passionate.
PHP, SQL, Javascript, JQuery, css.