News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

"Notify me" and Waiting list

Started by willxiao0790, April 23, 2012, 18:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welker

Quote from: serapol on May 08, 2012, 21:27:22 PM
What exactly is not working, what error is?

Same error:

Quote500 - Ocorreu um erro.
Visualização não encontrada [nome, tipo, prefixo]: waitinglist, html, virtuemartView

Retornar ao Painel de Controle

serapol

I accidentally put the views in the wrong folder. Archive of the changes is attached.

Do you have a folder "components" should appear in the folder "views", delete it

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Welker

Quote from: serapol on May 08, 2012, 21:34:59 PM
I accidentally put the views in the wrong folder. Archive of the changes is attached.

Do you have a folder "components" should appear in the folder "views", delete it

It worked perfectly now ;D

It only remains to add the constants in the language file.

Thank you very much.

Welker

The constant you posted is wrong, instead of

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_SUBJ_SHOPPER

is

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_SUBJECT_USER.

serapol

Thanks for the tip, I renamed the variables, and the views forgot

antonitus

##### TEMPORARILY SOLVED #####

There's a solution to this problem in post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101933.0 by seyi.  It works a treat and it sends an email to the person who wants to be notified and you no longer get the 500 error.  It is a brilliant script by seyi so thank you to him/her.  I tried it on V2.0.7, but it doesn't work there, it only seems to work on stable V2.0.6, but I'm sure it can be tweaked to work on any future versions.  I think the VM devs should take note of this script as I am using it and it works just fine.

The only thing I don't understand is, why is username and name being used in the waiting list when there is no entry to be made for these fields.  Also, there has to be a feature where we can edit/delete/manage notified users in the waiting list.  This would be excellent.  I hope this helps people.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

slutsker

i absolutly agree

when somebody asks for notification why we ask inly for a mail?

it is obvious to ask user's phone/skype/name/icq so it is possible to connet to him and suggest other product

and now: because there is no list of all waiting users - it is necessary to check each product

antonitus

I'm sure the VM devs are aware of this. They have done some work on this feature in V2.0.7 and you still get the 500 error, but I feel it still needs more tweaking.  Maybe they fixed it in V2.0.7a, which I am going to test today.  At the moment you have to physically go into the database (phpMyAdmin) to delete the users in the waiting list table.  And for most people, they wouldn't know how to do that.  I'm hoping they'll do more work on this in the next few versions.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16