News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Notify me" and Waiting list

Started by willxiao0790, April 23, 2012, 18:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willxiao0790

Hi all,

I'm using J2.5.4 and VM2.0.6 (with AIO 2.0.6a)

I think there is a bug of Notify me/Waiting list in product backend (See attached 1)

System successful recorded the email of customer who clicked "Notify me" button 

However when I try to update the stock level, I got the below error message
--------
500 - An error has occurred.
View not found [name, type, prefix]: waitinglist, html, virtuemartView
Return to Control Panel
--------

I think because the system can't find the name, type and prefix of people who clicked Notify me button as Guest. (See attached 2)

If I clicked back, the stock level was updated, but no notification email sent out to customers.

-------------

Additionally, when I used VM2.0 to VM2.0.2G, the add to cart popup works fine.

After I did upgrade to VM2.0.6, the add to cart popup won't appear anymore. (I tried with default template atomic and Beez5)

I'm sure that I did check the box of "Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' " and tried to enable/disable the JQuery of template and JQuery of VM

Any solution would be much appreciated!
Cheers,

[attachment cleanup by admin]

teobgeno

I just examine your issue

At administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/waitinglist.php at line 85

if (shopFunctionsF::renderMail('waitinglist', $waiting_user->notify_email, $vars))
{
   $this->update($waiting_user->notify_email, $virtuemart_product_id);
}

The waitinglist is a view template that is not exist . The views of vm located at components/com_virtuemart/views .So in order for this to work there should be a folder waitinglist listed there containing the proper view.html.php and the tpl folder with the php template file(s). But that view not exist and that's why your 500 error . So i change just for testing the waitinglist parameter with a valid view ( invoice ). No more 500 error cause now the template view was ok but it throws me error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method VirtueMartModelWaitingList::update() in C:\xampp\htdocs\photo3\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\models\waitinglist.php on line 86

That is because

$this->update($waiting_user->notify_email, $virtuemart_product_id); is a function that does not exist in this class VirtueMartModelWaitingList neither at JModel parent class.

In conclusion for this waitinglist procedure in order to function properly there must be a valid view and after that a valid function (update) on this class that ,i think, updates jos_virtuemart_waitingusers notified field. It is better having an answer first from virtumart team .

slutsker

i also see this problem - need help

Vian

I'm having the same issue as described in the posts above.

Should we wait for an answer or code our way out of that problem? I think I can use other views as example and get this thing going on my website, but I'm not sure if its worth the time since it might be solved soon.

Studio 42

Hi,
We are on writing the missing code.
The view files are simply missing. Comming soon...

Vian

Thank you for the quick answer. ;)

Welker

It happens here too, have a solution?

slutsker

Quote from: Electrocity on May 02, 2012, 18:29:24 PM
Hi,
We are on writing the missing code.
The view files are simply missing. Comming soon...

we are still waiting

serapol

Posted by mini quickly decide if someone urgently needed. You must copy the files from the archive with the replacement in the appropriate folder, and add two variables in the language file.

If you are using Joomla 2.5 then you can add via overriding language constants for the administration of the site. If you are using Joomla 1.5 then will have to add the language file Virtuemart

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_SUBJECT_USER = "Product %s is again in stock. %s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_TEXT_SHOPPER = "Hello \n\n We are glad to inform you that the goods are %1$ s went back to our warehouse and available for order. \n Order %1$ s can be the link: %2$s \n \n We will be glad to see you our customers! \n\n Sincerely, %3$s"

I can add extra features like the ability to registered users see which products are expected to remove yourself from the list, the ability to view a list of items in admin are now waiting for the people, etc.

But don `t know whether to spend time on it if the team will make its own decision.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

The waiting list is atm WIP,

we work on it, you can have a preview using the latest beta http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

and again Serapol, what is your problem. Look how many people work on virtuemart. Read the devguide http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/wiki/Developer_guideline.

You delivered already a lot fixes and every post of you influenced the core!
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

serapol

I know that you are working on this problem so did a small fix for people at the moment. The reason that this is not an issue as the lack of a certain functional, and I did not undertake to write to then it does not interfere with your decision.

By the way planning to implement those functions in the functionality that I described, because the me they desperately needed?. If you plan to, I'll wait for your decision, if not then will have to sharpen for themselves.

Thank you for your reply!

Milbo

In fact we just need someone who is eager to finish the work 90% done. We just got distracted by support for customers which already payed and similar. When you are interested, take a look at the svn, write a pm to me, and then we can connect in skype.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Welker

Quote from: serapol on May 08, 2012, 10:05:14 AM
Posted by mini quickly decide if someone urgently needed. You must copy the files from the archive with the replacement in the appropriate folder, and add two variables in the language file.

If you are using Joomla 2.5 then you can add via overriding language constants for the administration of the site. If you are using Joomla 1.5 then will have to add the language file Virtuemart

COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_SUBJ_SHOPPER = "Product %s is again in stock. %s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_NOTYFI_TEXT_SHOPPER = "Hello \n\n We are glad to inform you that the goods are %1$ s went back to our warehouse and available for order. \n Order %1$ s can be the link: %2$s \n \n We will be glad to see you our customers! \n\n Sincerely, %3$s"

I can add extra features like the ability to registered users see which products are expected to remove yourself from the list, the ability to view a list of items in admin are now waiting for the people, etc.

But don `t know whether to spend time on it if the team will make its own decision.

Not work  :o

I have caching turned off.

serapol

What exactly is not working, what error is?