News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Cart variant required message

Started by james1212, April 23, 2012, 12:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james1212

Hello, I'm just upgrading to VM 2.0 and have nearly figured out Custom Fields and Cart Variants. The thing I can't find, which existed in VM 1 is the "Please select product variant to add this product to your cart" message. I need to make sure that people enter required info before being allowed to add products to the cart - does this function still exist?
Thanks,
James

Genius WebDesign

Looking for the same thing.. A bit concerning that noone answered this yet.
If this "feature" was present in v.1.xxx  it should also be there in v.2.xxx, at least I would think so.

I cannot imagine any reason why they would exclude a basic feature like this..

Devs, please answer this one

Zer0g

I am looking for the same thing, too...

It would be a very important feature.

Milbo

We are just working on this stuff.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Zer0g

Thank you for your reply Milbo.

Can you give us a date, when it should be ready?

Genius WebDesign

Thanks to some very thorough investigation and searching on this forum I finally managed to hack my way to success.
I now have my products with a custom field child variant drop down, where the first choise is "please choose" and if the customer tries to add to the cart a modal popup warns the customer that he/she has to make a variant choise.. And the product is not added to the cart:)

I also made some other tweaks like showing the internal note text of the product variants as description in the drop-down menu, and changing the "Continue shopping" link to   href="javascript:history.go(0)"

Read this thread:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100172.0

dsrpmedia

QuoteI also made some other tweaks like showing the internal note text of the product variants as description in the drop-down menu, and I also made some other tweaks like showing the internal note text of the product variants as description in the drop-down menu, and changing the "Continue shopping" link to   href="javascript:history.go(0)""

I`ve got the please choose pop-up working - but I can`t find where the instructions for changing the "Continue shopping" link to   href="javascript:history.go(0)" are - could you please point the way?

dsrpmedia

lol - please ignore previous post - that was stoopid easy - just change the href="' . $continue_link . '" to href="javascript:history.go(0)"

Zer0g

Does anybody know if this works with attributes only?
I do not use child variants on my shop, but i require them to choose between the different attributes...

darien81

I am also looking for a solution for an attribute only (not child product variant) solution. I am willing to pay to have this done now rather than wait for it to be solved in a later version.

Can anyone help?