News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

V2.06 BUG reports, Thumbnail creation, shopping cart, duplicate banners

Started by asmallri, April 21, 2012, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmallri

I have a new VM installation V2.06 running on Windows 7 together with a new installation of Joomla ver 2.54 and a new installation of PHP ver 5.3.8
The actual VM shopping cat is V2.0.0RC3 which was installed by the VM2.06 installation. During development the site is on my localhost (no external access)

Bug 1: Once I select the shopping cart I cannot exit it. Clicking "Continue Shopping" stays on the same page. Attempting to navigate to any other category page does not leave the shopping cart page. To leave the shopping cart I have to select a Joomla page outside of VM. Enven delete all entries in the cart will not let you leave the cart.

Bug 2. When adding an item to the card two separate "Product successfully added" banners appear. I do not need two banners and probably do not really need any banner.

Bug 3. When adding a new image for a newly created product the automatically created thumb name image name in the "used thumb url" input window does not actually match the name of the newly created dynamic thumbnail. For example, if the original image was "images/stories/virtuemart/product/alice -w300.jpg" then the input window image name automatically populated is "images/stories/virtuemart/product/alice -w300_150x150.jpg"  which seems reasonable HOWEVER the actual name of the dynamic image has gif appended to it "images/stories/virtuemart/product/alice -w300_150x150.jpg.gif" manually adding .gif to the input window allows the thumbnail to show up

Bug 4. The size of the thumbnail in the category window is small and cannot be changed. Changing the thumbnail size in the Configuration/Templates menu correctly changes the size of the  thumbnail in the featured products view but does not change the size in the categories view.

Bug 5. The actual product view correctly displays the full size image but also displays the thumbnail. This maybe configuration error on my part but I have not been able to work out how to get rid of the thumbnail in this view

Bug 6. There is no EMPTY cart button either in the view shopping cart display or the VM-Shopping Cart module

Not a bug ... prior to integration of the shopping cart into my newly created Joomla site. I create menu items which mapped to the Category items of the same name used by VM. However the style of the text (specifically colour) used by the VM category listing is different to what I was originally using and I prefer my original colours (Breez-5 Joomla template). How can I modify the colours in the VM category module

How do I integrate the VM featured products in to my Joomla home page? I have currently done this in an existing module in the center of the page but is there a better way?

I want to create a products category page with a single image from each of the approx 25 categories on my size. This image would be one the images from the category in question but I do not want any test or pricing information from the product but instead a very simple category (say three word) description. I would like to click on an image and automatically goto the the page for that product category. I have read lots of VM documentation but have not been able to work out how to do this.

I am not a CCS or PHP expert but if pointed in the right direction I should be able to work it out.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Milbo

Quote from: asmallri on April 21, 2012, 09:37:08 AM
The actual VM shopping cat is V2.0.0RC3 which was installed by the VM2.06 installation. During development the site is on my localhost (no external access)

I am sorry, what? The 2.0.6 installed a vm2.0.0RC3? I think there is something terrible wrong in your setup.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

asmallri

Yes that is what it installed.

From Joomla extension manager:

MODULE                                      VERSION
plg_search_virtuemart                      1.5
VirtueMart                                         2.06
VirtueMart Category                          2.0.0RC3
Virtuemart Currency Selector            2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart Fallback Redirect Plugin   (no number)
VirtueMart Manufactures                   2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart Products                           2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart Search Product                 2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart Shopping Cart                  2.0.0RC3
VirtueMart_allinone                           2.0.6

asmallri

I setup a virtual machine and did a brand new install of Joomla 2.54 and VirtueMart 2.06

The installed version numbers are identical to my last post.

jefchenko

Your components are showing the right version number, only the MODULES are still showing version numbers 2.0.0RC3
I saw my installation has this behaviour as well.

babylon5

I can confirm following bug:

Bug 2. When adding an item to the card two separate "Product successfully added" banners appear.

Any solution yet?

gjrweb

[GJ-R] Webdevelopment & E-Commerce Expert

DaggaTora

Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member