News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multiple Product Images Files, renamed while uploading

Started by TITUS8, April 21, 2012, 00:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TITUS8

Not sure if I am the only one who's noticed, but on a internet connection that hiccups, if you are uploading a product image, and happen to triple/mutliple click, it will upload the image and create mutlipe file names, requiring root directory deletion session... example, fileimage.jpg, would become, fileimage001.jpg, fileimage82.jpg, on and on, and all will become junk on the server in the folder (all are the same image). and it will setup the thumbs 90x90 aswell.

Is there a way to possibly code a simple catch to only allow one instance of a file upload?, or prompt to ask? or even a "are you sure you want to overwrite this file?", and not have virtuemart rename them?

Thanks

Jeff Marsh Photo

Hi Titus8.

I use CSV Improved to upload my images to VM. The pro version 4.3 is brilliant. It has a lot of latitude when setting upload parameters. This includes thumbnail and main picture sizes. Optional watermarking. Dropdown pricing etc...

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Jeff.

Milbo

I dont think that any of your tools will help him. I just seems not to know how browsers work. The only thing to prevent it, is a javascript blocking the browser after using the upload button.

and Jeff, Vm2 has thumbnails already, if you want to use your own thumbnails, they must have the correct name.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member