News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom Field Stockable Variant - Does this work?

Started by spyderwebdesign, April 20, 2012, 22:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebdesign

Does anyone have Custom Field Stockable Variants working so you can add them to cart and your inventory count decreases? I am so close to getting mine to work, but I can't add the items to cart. VM thinks the children are out of stock even though the stock count is correct in the plugin.

I have been working with Roland over at CSVi to automate the import, but I can't get the order page to work yet when I manually add the parent and children. Here are our most recent set of directions which covers the steps for VM2 as well as CSVi 4.
http://www.csvimproved.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=833:stockable-variants-import&catid=181&Itemid=253

[attachment cleanup by admin]

mark R

have you tried putting stock in the parent....??
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

spyderwebdesign

Quote from: mark R on April 20, 2012, 23:26:08 PM
have you tried putting stock in the parent....??

When I put the total stock of the children of the stock for the parent, VM lets me add children that are out of stock to my cart and purchase them. I need VM to not let people order items that are out of stock.

spyderwebdesign

I have ran a few import tests and have listed my findings below.

I think I found a bug as well. In my csvi template I added the field published and set the default value to Y. I still have to go into products and manually publish the items.

Test Case 1. In CSV file do not list category, manufacture or price for child
Result 1. Only Parent item shows when you view items in category or manufacture item list. Can't order product because sys thinks it is out of stock.

Test Case 2. In CSV file list the category and manufacture for child, but do not list price
Result 2. All children show as individual items when viewing the category or manufacture item list. Child stock says plenty in stock but still can't order

Test Case 3. In CSV file list category, manufacture or price for child
Result 3. All children show as individual items when viewing the category or manufacture item list. Child stock says plenty in stock and I can add to cart

It seems to me you should be able to order if the child has enough stock, not the parent, but not be able to order the child if it isn't in stock.

mark R

I also have this problem with vm206 and stockable variants.
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

spyderwebdesign

Can anyone from the Virtuemart team please comment? If stockable variants are not currently working, I would like to spend my time working on other areas of my web site vs trying to find a solution that doesn't exist at this time.

uschmi

Same problem for me with VM 2.0.6 + Joomla 2.5.4

spyderwebdesign

That's what I am using too. I have seen 5 other people confirm the error. I think the VM team has gone on vacation as they haven't confirmed or denied the bug. Obviously it is a bug if this many people have the problem.

izma

Same problem for me too with VM 2.0.6 + Joomla 2.5.4

spyderwebdesign

I changed over to Generic Child Variants and it appears to be working. I need to do further testing. The only downside I see is that you can only have 1 drop down box.