News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Updated.. now no prices show in checkout..

Started by elleclouds, April 19, 2012, 05:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elleclouds

I have 3 different sites using VM and none are showing the prices in checkout.  I have checked my shopper groups, and show prices in configurations, but no option has helped me get my prices to show in checkout.  Weird thing is that they showed when I first built the store.. Please help me

razol

I think you can allow the final price or something else from the price show table... i hope  :o

Gilesy

Same on my shop after the upgrade to 2.0.6

jenkinhill

If you are using template overrides you may need to look at these as some price functions have changed.

See the release announcemet: http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/417-happy-easter-new-virtuemart-204-released-security-update-sqli

You can read the change doc though the link on "You have the latest version 2.0.6 " or direct at http://virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_content&id=416&tmpl=component
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

elleclouds

So after reading the release notes and changes, what am I suppose to do?  I'm the average user and have been loving virtuemart thus far because of its many options and simplicity. Would I have to change my template overrides or change up
Some code? The text below shows me that the call function for prices has changed, but how should a
Person like me whose been using virtuemart on my sites before adapt to these changes w/o losing my current formatted site?

"From VM 2.0.2 To 2.0.4

If you use another template then the default one provided, please adapt it to those changes :

1) The calls for creating the prices have been changed
The display:

$prow->subtotal_tax_amount

has been changed to

$this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv('taxAmount','', $this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey],false,false,$prow->quantity)

The reason for this change is that the prices are not stored anylonger in the cart to keep the session clean, so that more products can be added to the cart.
The file affected by these change is :
- all price layouts in the cart
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php

2) The function priceDisplay has changed

Before:

echo $this->currency->priceDisplay( $item->product_basePriceWithTax)

Now:

echo  $this->currency->priceDisplay( $item->product_basePriceWithTax ,0, $qtt)

Files affected are:

=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php

3) display of the single items in the cart, mails, invoice and orders
Furthermore we changed the display of the single items in the cart, mails, invoice and orders.
When you used overwrites consider to start with the new layout and add your changes again,
it may be faster and cleaner.

elleclouds

Please can anyone help with this issue?  I literally have 3 shops that don't show prices when customers are attempting to checkout and it's causing confusion.  How can I resolve this issue in a timely fashion? I noticed when I used the default joomla templates, the prices show, but not on my custom template which came virtuemart ready.  What files could i update to reflect the default coding in my current template?

Is it possible to downgrade without losing products?  I know that will make me susceptible to exploits, but at this point, I have no way of providing prices to my customers upon checkout.  Can I replace the updated lines of coding with the old ones or will this stop VM from functioning correctly?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

jenkinhill

Quote from: elleclouds on April 19, 2012, 18:21:46 PM
I noticed when I used the default joomla templates, the prices show, but not on my custom template which came virtuemart ready.

Your template developer should already have made an update available if it was a commercial product, so I suggest you contact them. If using overrides you could remove them and the default VM2.0.6 files could then be used.

You can downgrade the fileset by using ftp to upload and ealier version and overwriting the files, but I don't know if there will be an issue with database changes. Note that VM versions prior to 2.0.4 have a known security issue so should not be used on a live site. Certainly you would fail PCI compliance.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

elleclouds

Where would the overrides be located? Any idea. I guess I know next time I'll either lose my prices or be vulnerable to an exploit. Seems kinda shortsighted. I left redshop due to many complicated issues that could
Only be solved by their staff, now I'm forced to choose between security and function.

elleclouds

So there has not been an update from my commercial template and I have chosen to downgrade the files by uploading the VM2.02 files that were changed.  No results.  Is there any way to resolve this issue without losing the products in my stores?  Anyone with knowledge of this issue, please lend a helping hand.  I've downgraded the files below and no change has happened and my prices are still absent in all my carts.

=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php
/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_pricelist.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_address.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/edit_shopper.php
=> /components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php
components/com_virtuemart/views/askquestion/tmpl/form.php

tha1977

I checked the changes mentioned above, after updating from 2.0.4. to 2.0.6 and it seems all files were updated automatically to the newest versions. Still, there are no prices shown in the shopping cart. So, it seems we need to dig deeper to see what's wrong.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

sremac

Same problem :-[what we are going to do :o????

jenkinhill

Check for a template override - look in your Joomla template html directory for com_virtuemart/cart/  subdirectories. If there are files in that /cart/ directory then you are using overrides. The one causing the problem is default_pricelist.php (or it may have been renamed) - if present then try renaming the file extension, eg to .txt and then check if prices show in the checkout.

I just fixed this issue for a client of mine who had installed a commercial Joomla template for VM2 which used a lot of overrides and lost the prices at checkout after going to 2.0.4.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

sremac

jenkinhill

@sremac check the files in joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/ and confirm that you are using the versions from the VM2.0.6 fileset. (Unpack the 2.0.6 component locally to see the new versions).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK