News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add to cart error.

Started by jahan87, April 14, 2013, 18:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jahan87

Joomla Version: 1.5.26
Virtuemart version: 2.0.20b

Error:
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined method JComponentHelper::filterText() in <b>/home/content/86/8616886/html/jaguarworks/alqamees/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php</b> on line <b>432</b><br />

I get this error in request when i have added customer input field. If remove it from product then add to cart link works fine.

link to website is:  http://www.jaguarworks.com/alqamees/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=10&virtuemart_category_id=2

tried a plugin too but still same error.

jenkinhill

I believe you need to be using Joomla 2.5 for the function JComponentHelper::filterText() to work.

As reported in October 2012,  Joomla 1.5 is no longer supported for VirtueMart. http://virtuemart.net/news/list-all-news/426-end-of-life-for-virtuemart-11-heidelpay-now-in-virtuemart-2012    "the version 2 of VirtueMart is not any longer maintaining joomla 1.5 compatibility."
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Marcus Hjortsberg

Ok, now I updated VM...

Everything worked before I updated, now nothing works...

I run Joomla 1.5 and VM 2.0.20b...

How do I back to VM 2.0.18?

Can I just upload the files from 2.0.18 and all will work? Or do I have to do anything else?

And please spare me the lecture about Joomla version, I won't upgrade, I simply can't at the moment...

Thanx for a good component:)

Milbo

simply install the old version over it. But I would use the new version and copy paste the missing function into the j1.5 file. The function is important to filter the input of your customers, so you should use it, really.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Marcus Hjortsberg

Ok, if that will make everything work, that is fine with me:)

Could you please give me some pionters to what files it is about?
I could search for my self but you could spare me some hours:)

Thanx in advance!

Marcus Hjortsberg

Ok, found the file and function, now I get

Fatal error: Class 'JAccess' not found in /libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php on line 105

on that line I find

$userGroups   = JAccess::getGroupsByUser($user->get('id'));

What do I do about that?

--Update--

Ok, the getGroupsByUser fetches the groups that a user has...(?)
I use Juga to have multiple groups to a user, how do I get the groups from that??

--Update--

Ok!

Now it works:)

I simply did, in the filterText function

//$userGroups   = JAccess::getGroupsByUser($user->get('id'));
$userGroups   = array($user->get('id'));

I thought that my users only have one user group, in Juga I use it to show some different content, nothing crutial...

Now I hope nothing else screws up at a later time:)