News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to configure PayPal in VirtueMart 2

Started by jjk, April 18, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alatak

Hello
QuotePayPal doesn't send confirmations when the status is "Pending".
The order is set on pending when it is created by VM. And VM does not send emails in that case.
We alreday had that discussion on another post. We
If the order status is not updated, it means that something went wrong while decoding the POST from Paypal. Turn on the log option in the paypal payment config, and may be the infos logged will help us to understand why the order status is not updated.

john-doe

Do you know a way to send to Pay pal the data from a custom field to be seen on the transaction manifest?
Thanks in advance

mark R

Hi All,   ** Solved **

I am using Paypal as my payment system, but unfortunately I do no currently have SSL.
The issue is when My customer goes to the Paypal Checkout there is a Security warning with regards the image not being stored on an https server

Is it possible to remove the Logo so it is not passed to the Paypal checkout.

**update **

I have edited paypalstd.php and commented out the following from around line 252

//if (empty($this->_method->headerimg) OR $this->_method->headerimg == -1 ) {
// $post_variables['image_url'] = $this->getLogoImage();
//} else {
// $post_variables['cpp_header_image'] = JURI::base() . 'images/stories/virtuemart/payment/' . $this->_method->headerimg;
//}

Now the header of my paypal page is simple my site name pulled from the paypal setup.

Please let me know if you can see any issues with this quick fix.

Many thanks
Mark
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

jameel

Quote from: Sunglasses-Joe on August 15, 2012, 13:35:54 PM
Hi,
Is ther a way to config as was possible  in VM 1.* so that Pay-Pal Charges the customer the currency they have selected on the website ?

i.e.  If I select USD as currency in front end as a customer, when i get to the checkout page & Pay-Pal it charges in GBP ( which is my store`s main currency )
Thanks

Joe

VM 2.0.8e
PHP Built On    Linux serv01.siteground317.com 3.5.0-grsec-sg4 #3 SMP Fri Aug 10 02:36:05 CDT 2012 i686
Database Version    5.5.24-55-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.15
Web Server    Apache/1.3.42 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ] 19-June-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1

try this most advanced paypal payment plugin tht will even allow you to use non papal supported curencies
http://www.itechshop.org/content-management-systems/joomla/virtuemart/payment-plugin/paypal-extended-payment/
Virtuemart + Joomla extensions www.itechshop.org
get Paypal extended, payza extended, moneybookers extended module that let you use 98  currencies nonsupported paypal/alertpay/mb currencies on VM 1.1.x and convert them to supported one at www.itechshop.org

220+ domain extensions www.industechnologies.co