News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to configure PayPal in VirtueMart 2

Started by jjk, April 18, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcalvert

I am using VM 2.0.26a (Joomla 2.5.14) and having a lot of problems with the PayPal payment method.  First, I can't get email notifications if I use PayPal Standard, in the case of Pending orders (i.e. confirmed by customer).  After exhausting all possibilities in the message boards, I examined the code very carefully and found that the code for email notification is not being called in the case of PayPal Standard, and for Pending orders.  Then I attempted an order and paid in PayPal, and then got the repeated email "An error with your payment paypal on your store XXX" referencing an error log file, paypal.1.log.php, but that file was nowhere to be found.  These emails were sent over and over, until I deleted the order.  Even though the payment was accepted by PayPal, VM didn't receive the confirmation and VM sent no email to customer or vendor (just the error email).

If I upgrade to the latest VM 2.0.26d, will these problems with PayPal payment using "Standard" be solved?  Also, should I select Payment Type "Normal" or "Shopping Cart"?

Or, will I need to use "Express checkout"?

thanks,
JC

eag

In sandbox mode doesn't work?

try to setup with your test paypal account.

melsonmarketing

Hi I`m using

2.026d
Joomla 2.5.17
Php 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.22
database 5.1.73-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)

After updating to 2.026d PayPal doesn`t work.

- The customer is redircted to the confirmationpage (Thank you...)
- an order is processed and visible
- all articles stay in the cart

This is not happening, using other payments...

Can anyone help?

e-trader

Quote from: RobHilary on November 26, 2013, 21:08:05 PM
Hi, sins the last update of vm problems with payment via PayPal.
Now you can place an order and select paypal and when you should be redirected to paypal you get a white screen with a lot of text.
Does anyone here have any answer on how to solve this issue?

Ooh is this what our customers are seeing? Is this why we get hundreds of pending/unpaid orders in?  *wonderful*

jjk

Quote from: e-trader on February 09, 2014, 17:41:11 PM
Ooh is this what our customers are seeing? Is this why we get hundreds of pending/unpaid orders in?  *wonderful*

Normally they don't see a blank screen. But if you are not shure you can test what your customers see either by setting up a sandbox account in PayPal or do a quick check by temporarily enabling the logging the PayPal transactions in the VM PayPal configuration, so that the next PayPal actions on your site is logged. You may also test what I wrote in the second sentence of this post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120985.msg413596#msg413596. The following posts in that forum thread might be of interest to you, too.

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jcalvert

Since I upgraded to VM 2.0.26d I think the PayPal plugin is working properly; however, with PayPal Standard the order notifications are emailed after the customer makes the payment. 

JC

jjk

Quote from: jcalvert on February 09, 2014, 21:16:50 PM
however, with PayPal Standard the order notifications are emailed after the customer makes the payment. 

That's an intensional change in order to prevent that you receive an order which says 'Payment by PayPal' and the customer actually never sent the payment.

jcalvert

I believe it is configurable when the notifications are sent, and so if Pending is selected, nothing happens.  I was fooled by this and spent a lot of time trying to figure out why notifications were not being sent, since in VM 1, notification were sent on pending status.  In VM 2.0.26 (a?) there was a message at the top of the configuration tab of the PayPal plugin which said Warning, in VM2 order notifications are sent when the customer pays.  This warning was removed in the current version.  Maybe put the warning back?

JC

AH

In the latest version of VM2 you configure which order statuses send notifications to the customer.

The notification is a full run down of the order / not just an update message, so every time a status change intiiates a customer update email, the order details are re-sent in the message.

Configuration is a breeze.

1. Create the order statuses you want to use (easy to use the default settings - but you may want different shipping statuses)

Configuration/order statuses
Note: Order status determines stock movement (Stock handling)

1b.) If you added a new status, you may have set a language variable for it in the joomla language overrides

2.) Decide on what you want the paypal status to set (default statuses work well)

Shop/payment-methods/ paypal payment method /configuration-tab

Order Status for Pending transactions
Most people do not want to email the customer at this point as the transaction has not been confirmed
However an order HAS been created in Virtuemart

Order Status for Successful transactions
Depending on what paypal integration you choose - this will be the status automatically set on successful or confirmation of successful payment (IPN for example)
It is usual to set a status that will send a customer email at this point (but that is your configuration choice!)

Cancel transactions
Your order status should free up stock

Capture Payment
(Not seen this one before so not really able to advise)

Refunded transactions
Be aware that the order status setting (Stock handling) determines if stock is adjusted
It probably should send an email

Partial Refunded transactions
Be careful of this setting as the status set here could adjust the stock for the whole original order and this is not good if you have only had returned a part order
It probably should send an email

3.) Choose the statuses that will send communications to the customer

admin/configuration/checkout-tab

You will see the options for sending the following

• Default Order Status to create an invoice
    Default Order Status to send email to shopper
    Default Order Status to send email to vendor

Handy tip for those people not wanting to send/create an invoice
Create a new status called "no invoice" (or whatever)
Then remove the current setting in the Default Order Status to create an invoice  box and add the "no invoice" status
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

alatak

Hello

QuoteOrder Status for Pending transactions
Most people do not want to email the customer at this point as the transaction has not been confirmed
However an order HAS been created in Virtuemart

Please not that this order status is not the "Order created " order status.
It is the order status when the order has been received by PayPal, but the payment has not yet been processed.
http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/40-paypal-payment-parameters/147-pending-transactions.html

AH

Alatak.

Yes I should have stated that pending status is PayPal pending, I.e. customer completed their part of the transaction but PayPal have not yet released it for payment to you.

If you have IPN notifications, you should get the final status update when PayPal have determined the outcome.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

antonio8

Why am I getting this email from VirtueMart Team? :-\ - the payment is processed, but the order stay pending, and then this email.
Hello,
An error with your payment paypal on your store New Concept Lures. The details are logged in the file paypal.1.log.php
The VirtueMart Team

Any input from the experts will be like winning Gold! 8)

jcalvert

I wrote:
QuoteSince I upgraded to VM 2.0.26d I think the PayPal plugin is working properly; however, with PayPal Standard the order notifications are emailed after the customer makes the payment.

JC

t68

Just got an order payed with paypal where I see the money on my PayPal but the payment has status "pending" in the VM order list.

What's wrong here?  I set up the PayPal plugin so that PayPal pending status should report as confirmed by customer in VM.

EDIT: read up on IPN-settings and stuff and made these adjustments to my PayPal account but I still get order status "Pending" where it should be "Confirmed" in VM according to my PayPal plugin settings. Checked the IPN history on my PayPal account and the http response is listed as "200" for that transaction (which in PP is listed as completed). As far as I understand that indicates an OK response from my VM. So wy isn´t the order status updating correct?

On VM2.0.26d / J2.5.17

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

jjk

I'm using these order email status settings (screenshot attached), which works.
PayPal doesn't send confirmations when the status is "Pending".

[attachment cleanup by admin]