News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to configure PayPal in VirtueMart 2

Started by jjk, April 18, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

efocus

Quote from: efocus on September 20, 2012, 19:33:43 PM
Why are there no instructions for the URL for the IPN? I can't get this PayPal payment method to work. Neither the customer nor the vendor are getting email confirmations and I am guessing it is because I didn't turn on the IPN which isn't in the instructions. But when I do turn it on, I don't know what URL to specify. Can anyone help?

I still would like an answer on a URL for the IPN but I discovered why email confirmations weren't working. Haven't found the exact one yet but one of my template overrides stopped the email order confirmations. There seem to be many reasons for missing email confirmations -- now there's another one.

sewsensory

Okay, I am looking after my own site on Joomla 1.5.25  using VM 2.0.  All was great until my "internet guy" updated the site to VM2 at my request.  I thought everything would transfer over nicely but it appears that the link to Paypal is gone?! Or something isn't right as I am receiving orders but customers are getting a message of thanking them for using paypal but they've not had to complete any paypal info & I am not receiving anything in my paypal account.  The "internet guy"  knows nothing about Virtuemart & has told me that straight-out.   I need to get this figured out but the link that was provided by jjk for 'configuring your account at Paypal" is no longer valid. Please HELP!!

inuit

I'm also having the same problem with "We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order". Has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Thanks

Shaun

stuffdone

Okay...lots of words...no help.

In simple terms WHERE DO I PUT MY API information in PayPal?  I have it in my old site on Joomla 1.5 but now that I am updating to 2.5 I cannot find anywhere to enter the API information for PayPal payments.  The old site had PayPal pre configured waiting for my input. The new VM has no payment options at all until you create one but none of the instructions or configurations I can find include the fields for the API signature etc.

Can someone please just POST specific instructions to insert the PayPal API information?

jjk

Quote from: stuffdone on October 25, 2012, 20:59:43 PM
Okay...lots of words...no help.
In simple terms WHERE DO I PUT MY API information in PayPal? 

Simple Answer: "Nowhere"  :)
If you follow the third link in the first post of this thread, you will see that the implemented free PayPal payment option is using html to pass data to PayPal.
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_html_landing
It doesn't use any of the other PayPal API implementations. PayPal has asked the VM2 team to code a Plugin for this, but it is not available yet. (However, I think I've seen one or two third party plugins for PayPal Pro recently)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

stargazer1682

I've install the AIO component (and subsequently re-installed it) and still no modules for shipping or payment.

LKopps

I have been trying to get this working for two weeks with no luck.

I am stuck on step 3 becase the part that you say "...select "VM-Payment, PayPal" in the dropdown list..." the VM-Payment is not there to select. Only PayPal.

What am I missing?

PHP 5.3
Joomla 2.5.9
VM2 2.0.20b

I have aio installed.

Thanks!

jenkinhill

That does not exist now. Just start a new payment method, name it, select PayPal for the Payment Method, save and then you can enter the configuration.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

LKopps

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 23, 2013, 12:29:12 PM
That does not exist now. Just start a new payment method, name it, select PayPal for the Payment Method, save and then you can enter the configuration.
jenkinhill,
I believe that I already had set it up as you describe and failure message displays.
I have attached four files that document all steps that I went through. The failure message is on page 10 in Figure 21. I included all steps that I went through to hopefull zero in on the problem faster since I am supposed to go live in six days on March 31, 2013.
Thank you for your help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jjk

The message "We are sorry - No payment method matches the characteristics of your order..." usually means that you have a restriction in your payment method, which is not met. In your case it looks like you click on "Select Payment" in the cart without having entered a 'Bill to' address. In your PayPal setting you have limited your PayPal payment method to the United States. Since VM doesn't see 'United States' in the 'Bill to' address form, it doesn' show it.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

LKopps

jjk,
I changed the Payment Curency to "Default Vendor Currency" and Email Currency to "Vendor currency" followed by filling in the billing information. This did the trick. I redirected me to the PayPal Sandbox.
Thank you very much for your patience and great help!

jhdesign

Why is it with Sandbox status is always Pending? and there is no redirect back to the site? This is a clean install with VM 2.0.20b (include demo data).

lkbackus

I also cannot get the order status to update from pending and therefore no email is sent.

I have my notification url set to http://www.xxx.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=pluginresponse&task=pluginnotification&tmpl=component
if i type this url into my browser - i get no error

I looked in the database at the payment table for paypal - i do not see new records created for the purchase i made.

I went into paypal and cancelled an order and it updated the status in my orders in virtuemart to cancelled!!
But new orders do not update the status from pending.

I then turned on  debug in the paypal config screen.
IN the debug in my logs file i see :

I have virtuemart version 2.0.20b  joomla 2.5.9

jhdesign

Support for this issue has been non existent for last 2 weeks.

flow23

Hi everyone, Im facing a problem on Virtuemart 2.0.20b Joomla 2.5
I add the shipping address but when I confirm the purchase and go to paypal I get an error message
The issue is that The City, State and Zip Code are in the same line. SOmething like this:

Name Last Name
Address 1
City, State Zip
Country

Any idea of how to fix this?

This is the site if you want to take a look http://laurelsonline.com