VM2.0.6 - Live update failure

Started by SamF, April 18, 2012, 05:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamF

Hello,

J2.5.4 +VM2.0.4

Trying to live update to 2.0.6, got the following message:
Unable to decompress data

Extracting the update package failed. Please try updating the extension manually.

Manual uninstallation of VM 2.0.4 gives the following:

Warning:  include(/xzxzxzxzx/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/uninstall.virtuemart.html.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xzxzxzx/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 505

Warning:  include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/xzxzxzxzx/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/uninstall.virtuemart.html.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php53/lib/php') in /xzxzxzxzx/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/install/script.virtuemart.php on line 505

dasemo

Joomla 1.5, VM 1.1.2

John2400

I too had the same issue ,

I had a look in the temp file directory , few pieces of junk files after attempting a few times to update.

* I found that each update has a few extra files which is beginning to make the update files bigger and bigger - with some providers the PHP memory is only set to around 2 meg.

* I simply asked for a larger php - which can be done on some servers with changing the php.ini files or access file but for me the Provider ( has restrictions set).

* all I did was ask my provider for  a larger PHP memory and the issues disappeared -  If you run your own online server you wil no thave an issue but I have had this happen on a few sites now -

* just try this - Infact I tested the updates by uploading 2.0.4 and then 2.0.6 -  4 went up perfect so you know the setting are Ok - but 6 timedout with memory issue.

Yannick

Hello,

a lot of people seems to have this issue. Please help to solve it:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101636.0
Virtuemart Customizing  ==>  Virtuemart Themes, Templates & Extensions -  Verry Nice!