News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

After upgrade 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 Add to Cart Not Working

Started by 21richer, April 18, 2012, 00:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21richer

I upgrade2.0.2 to 2.0.4  Joomla 2.54     PHP 5.3
but when I tried to click "add to cart", the produt won't display in the shopping cart

JugglesXP

OK..  this seems to be a recurring problem..

(had you used the search function, you would have seen several people have opened posts about this!)

It seems to be a JavaScript error of some kind.  there is simple "quick fix" in that you switch off the JavaScript overlay, by going to configuration: checkout: and unticking "display modal popup on "add to cart"

that will get you working until the proper fix is found!

JugglesXP

So.. did a little diggin!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101067.0

attached is a file, change it to a .js, then overwrite  components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmprices.js

that will make it work!

(for the technical people....   it seems the JS changed from 2.02 => onwards.   this file is the vmprices.js file from the 2.02 version that works properly.   i am sure someone much more technical than me can figure out why the version in 2.04 & 2.06 doesn't work!)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

sveibern

That fixed the problem from 2.02 - 2.04, but in 2.06 I can't get it to work. Strange that they have launched a new update without fixing this bug. The shopping cart is useless when this isn't working.