News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Differences in installations

Started by Arni, April 25, 2012, 12:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arni

Hi again, been a while since I posted in the forum but here goes.

Finally decided to migrate a shop from Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1.22 to Joomla 2.5 and vm 2.04. Installed jupgrade and started, not on a live site though. Fourth time I did it it worked like I wanted so the process is far from flawless I guess. I now have a working site sort of. The thing is though, compared to a clean install there is a major difference.
If I go into the backend and into virtuemart administration and there pick Shop to look at the shop settings. In the clean site I get the Vendor tab where I can set the shop name and address and currency and so on. In the migrated shop I get the tab Additional Information and there I can see the user information of the owner of the shop. The Vendor information tab I can find if I look at the user information of MY account (I'm not the owner). Since I've now found it it's not really a problem but it annoys me and I wonder if there is a way to change this or avoid it when I do this in the live site.

After migration and adjusting module placements and that sort of thing I went into the administration and started virtuemarts own migration, a thing that took some time. I think that all things regarding to the shop was migrated fine, I have all product images and users and so on BUT I have only ONE category image and that one is on a subcategory. I moved all images to their respective new place before migration so could there be something I forgot?
I can replace all those category images but I'd rather not if I can help it since I'm going to do this on two live sites later on.

That's all I can think of for now at least.