News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Related Products & Categories

Started by lipes, April 17, 2012, 11:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipes

Suggestion.
I've tested this Relations and its working fine, but will be hard and Sad (for users) to get this relations working connected between all many products.
Because we got something like this:
In any Product Category with the name "A" and many products, we know that all are related ... if they dont they are in the incorrect Product Category .. right? So..

To connect the relation in Product id 1 we must do:
Product id 1 with Product id 2; id1 with 3;  id1 with 3; and so on .. until the end... thats normal!
But the problem is when we go to Product id 2 there is no connection to Product id 1 !  (If A = B ... B it's not = A ? ) ??? 
if A = B,C,D,E,F, ...etc.... Z . B = A,C,D,E, .... Z. C again until the last product in the category over and over again...
This We'll take too much time from us to connect all Products Id's to each others because they dont assume to assing to each one that we already connect that relation before..
Now think in connect from id1 to id300 ... id2 to id300, etc .. until the reverse id300 to id1  -> Only to the First Category because there is no Artificial Inteligence to relations betwen products...

So this situation Could be solved by some way....
Could be by if we could have any [check box] in BackEnd assuming if all products in a 'Product Category' are similar/related could be very useful to us, and we spen less time connecting the products with any king of AI artificial inteligence :P

What you think about this?!
Best regards!!!  ;)
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

mirovic

I am trying to show related products on my Virtuemart2.0.6 e-shop.

Is it possible to select products on product edit page, which are related to this product?

There is option to add child product only... But i have existing products in Virtuemart, and I want to connect them, which are related, or not.

So I think, good solution for relating of products should be selecting of concrete products by checkbox which will be related to product I am editing.

Or maybe add tags to products and then related products should be based on tags.

IsnĀ“t that good idea?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Rolandos

Is there a workaround to accomplish this issue?

lipes

Milbo: but  WHY there isn't a simply way to connect all products in category with a "relation option" without we have to do from A to Z and vice versa again?
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

stefanuk

Quote from: lipes on April 17, 2012, 11:50:35 AM
Suggestion.
I've tested this Relations and its working fine, but will be hard and Sad (for users) to get this relations working connected between all many products.
Because we got something like this:
In any Product Category with the name "A" and many products, we know that all are related ... if they dont they are in the incorrect Product Category .. right? So..

Product id 1 with Product id 2; id1 with 3;  id1 with 3; and so on .. until the end... thats normal!
But the problem is when we go to Product id 2 there is no connection to Product id 1 !  (If A = B ... B it's not = A ? ) ??? 
if A = B,C,D,E,F, ...etc.... Z . B = A,C,D,E, .... Z. C again until the last product in the category over and over again...
This We'll take too much time from us to connect all Products Id's to each others because they dont assume to assing to each one that we already connect that relation before..
Now think in connect from id1 to id300 ... id2 to id300, etc .. until the reverse id300 to id1  -> Only to the First Category because there is no Artificial Inteligence to relations betwen products...

So this situation Could be solved by some way....
Could be by if we could have any [check box] in BackEnd assuming if all products in a 'Product Category' are similar/related could be very useful to us, and we spen less time connecting the products with any king of AI artificial inteligence :P

What you think about this?!
Best regards!!!  ;)

Is there a workaround to accomplish this issue?

gpessoa

Quote from: lipes on April 17, 2012, 11:50:35 AM

I have the same problem here,
I related pd_id 100 with pd_id 150 that works fine.
But pd_id 150 is not related with pd_id 100. This relation is very, very poor...

I ask if this is a BUG or it is the way it is?
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

stefanuk