News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Dropping database fields on update

Started by balai, April 17, 2012, 10:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

balai

The people can choose this, using the virtuemart.cfg. This is exactly done for the special cases.

The tables for the userinfo extend and delete themselves. When you create a new shopperfield, the tables are manipulated. So extending this works nativly already.

For the user and the orders are triggers available. I also thought about to add a declaration trigger into the updater, but did not add the trigger, because it is a kind of hacking the core and should be avoided.

Consider that we have plugins which can keep their own information and with overrideable templates.

We are always open for suggestions to make vm2 better extendable. You may ask Seyin from Awo coupon about this. He wrote the triggers for the coupons system to 60% or so. We just set the places and he adjusted them, making them useful for his component. So when it works for him, the idea is that it will work for almost all people with coupons. When someone want to write another feature, vm2 is not capable due lacking triggers, suggest them.

So when you need this, just do not only demand it. Try to get it running with your code, consider how we can trigger it, provide it and the better you do it the faster it will be in the core. Instead of hacking the core, make it available for all. That means joomla for me, do it together :-) .
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member