Instead of "PRODUCT" I am seeing COM_VIRTUEMART_FORM_MEDIA_SET_PRODUCT

Started by DavidAllenNeron, April 17, 2012, 09:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidAllenNeron

I'm using VirtueMart 2.0.6 & Joomla 2.5.4

I just purchased the Virtual Product extension...

I am reading the "Manual for st42 virtual goods plugin for VirtueMart 2."

... I cannot seem to get VirtueMart to work correctly, which is odd because I'm great with stuff like this and haven't had any issues in the past with VirtueMart or other extensions/plugins/components .. whenever there's an error I can usually figure it out.

But I'm stumped.

When I get to the part where you upload the VIRTUAL/Digital File ... instead of saying PRODUCT ... it says COM_VIRTUEMART_FORM_MEDIA_SET_PRODUCT.

I went ahead and selected that option, it said the file uploaded alright.
I then went to "products" and created a product... filled out the information .. went into CUSTOM FIELD and chose the appropriate file that I just uploaded using the Media Manager.
I then went into modules, and created a module and positioned it in my sidebar where I have other modules that function correctly.
I have tried several VirtueMart module types and none of them will even display the TITLE of the module on the frontend.
When I create a Menu Item, it goes to a blank page for Store Front and does not display a product if I select Category Display.
Essentially I can't get anything to work and I'm stumped/frustrated.. going to cry.. yes.. I'm a big baby..

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get this working properly? I would truly appreciate any help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gizycki

I`ve the same prob. joomla 2.5 VM 2.0.6

Have you find a solution for this?

gizycki

I found a missing translation in administrator/language/YOUR_LANGUAGE/...com_virtuemart.ini

look for:
COM_VIRTUEMART_FORM_MEDIA_SET_PRODUCTS="Product"
must add or edit:
COM_VIRTUEMART_FORM_MEDIA_SET_PRODUCT="Product"

Helped in my case.
Best from berlin...

antifragile

Hi, same problem, I have tried both, it does not work. The file language/my-language/[language].com_virtuemart.ini did not even contain that syntax in my version. I entered both versions mentioned above but neither worked. Is it possible that this is defined in another .ini-file?

Thanks and regards,

Dan

Joomla 2.5.9
Virtuemart 2.0.18a
Yagendoo free template
CSV Improved 4.4 (batch CSV-import)
Language de-DE

antifragile

Ok, problem solved: case-sensitive webspace. Some image files had *.JPG instead of *.jpg.