News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Install Prob

Started by tbarlow, April 17, 2012, 01:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarlow

I am working on setting up a new site with the newest ver of Joomla and the newest ver of VM and when U go into Joomla to install it it sites there for a min or 2 and then goes to a page that says

-----
The website cannot display the page
  HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.
What you can try:
Refresh the page.
Go back to the previous page.
More information
-----

any help will be ver greatful thanks

Thanks
Sincerly
tbarlow

jenkinhill

You should check server error logs for details of the 500 error, but maybe something wrong with your install process or using a badly configured server. See the VirtueMart 2.0 30-Minute Quick Start Guide
on http://oscmanuals.com/virtuemart-fdm-26.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

mark R

I had the same problem with my install on my windows development server (xammp)

I converted the install files to a zip files (instead of tar.gz) and all is ok.
(unpack then repack as a zip file)

Regards
Seek and ye shall find.........
4 VM sites and counting

tbarlow

Ok thx for the info I did get the com_virtuemart.2.0.6 to install once I made it a .zip file and I also did get the com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio to install as well once I made it a zip file but that is the com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio for and what happen to all the Plugins the VM use to have or did something not install right I went to look in my plugins and comp and there is nothing for VM in there well like maybe 1 thing and thats it am I missing something befor we where able to put stuff on the frount page and so on and now we can't I was just wanting to make sure I have everything installed right or am I missing something let me know and what all does com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio do what is it all for just wondering thanks so far working on this new site I really like the new Joomla and the new VM just need to figure it all out anyway thanks for what ever help U guys give me it will be very greatful

Sincerly
tbarlow

jenkinhill

There is a list of the modules installed by the aio component here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97841.msg322836#msg322836
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tbarlow

ok thats what I kinda thought so any clue Y I can't install it I got the main cart installed but the com_virtuemart.2.0.6_ext_aio won't install right I tryed it as the .tar.gz file and I also tryed to make it a .zip file and install it it is under the comp tab in joomla but it I go to mods or plugins under the ext tab there is nothing there for VM any idah Y that is and how I can fix it thanks for the help so far I am really greatful

Sincerly
tbarlow

jenkinhill

Nobody else has reported what you are seeing, so it is most likely something to do with your server envioronment or a bad Joomla install to start with. Try using the Discover facility in J2.5's extension manager.

Maybe start over with a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

tbarlow

Ok I'll Give that a try and let U know thanks

tbarlow

tbarlow

Ok I am reinstalling Joomla 2.4.x after I get it installed what dir do I have to change perm for and what perm do I have to give them to install it thanks for the help

tbarlow

jenkinhill

You should not need to change any server permissions. Directories should be 755 and files 644

PHP version on the server should be at least 5.2.4 but preferably 5.3.0+ (avoid 5.2.6 as that gives component installation problems)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

John2400

I had this problem too,

In all the previous downloads 2.0.2  onwards    2.0.5 they all expanded as a zip file on my home computer to upload - no problem

The 2.0.6 came down and expanded as 2 tar file - too me. It took  ages to upload and expand.. Althought i always use joomla tar files to upload any changes.

I am confirming that I had similar issues.

* I had to FTP the files to the public folder and do a direct URL to install them.

jenkinhill

Some servers - and especially localhosts - are not able to unpack the tar.gz filesets. The workaround is to convert the components to .zip packages before installing. If you don't already have WinRar, ArcConvert or similar then there are on-line converters, eg http://archive.online-convert.com/convert-to-zip

I had no issues on my servers but I know that with these I can also use tar.bz2  (my prefered packages). 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK