News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Selecting countries

Started by brendonhatcher, April 28, 2012, 11:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonhatcher

Hi

Joomla 2.5.4, VM 2.0.6

I noticed a bug and a usability issue...

I want the shop to only accept registration from a single country.
I therefore went to the Countries list to unpublish all but my country.

The bug:

The list showed about 15-20 countries at first.
Once I selected all these and unpublished them, the page refreshed.
This time, I could only see 10 on a page, and the system had jumped to page 4 of the list.
There is some problem with the way the lists and pagination are being handled.
The same issue arose in the screen for Custom shopper fields.

Then, the usability issue:

The list shows only 10 at a time.
At the bottom of the list is the usual drop down where you can usually select a larger list or "all"
In the case of the shopper fields and the countries, the only option is 10.

I needed to unpublish all the countries except mine.
I therefore had to go to a page, select all the items on the page, unpublish them, wait for the page to reload, and then repeat that for a further 24 pages!
Seriously annoying!  If I had been able to select to display "all" it would have taken a few seconds to unpublish them all.

Regards
Brendon

jjk

Quote from: brendonhatcher on April 28, 2012, 11:20:10 AM
If I had been able to select to display "all" it would have taken a few seconds to unpublish them all.

There is a "Select all" checkbox in the upper left heading line, right above your first country and in the bottom pagination line you could have selected i.e. "400" to have all countries on a single page. So unpublishing all countries normally is three clicks  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

brendonhatcher

Hi

Thanks for replying

First of all, there is only "10" listed in the pagination drop down.
If I leave it on "10", and then use the "select all" to select, then it only unpublishes the 10 that are visible.

So, the bug and usability issue remains.

I have just noticed the pagination weirdness happening when sorting products by ID.
When I started the process, they were in random order.
After I press on ID, they sort correctly, except that id 1 and 2 are on page 3 of the list.
This list also only shows "10" as a display list option.

Regards
Brendon

jjk

Normally the pagination looks like the screenshot below. Perhaps you have a conflict with your template pagination. You can try to disable 'Using the Virtuemart jQuery' in VM2 configuration.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

brendonhatcher

Hmmm.

I tried disabling jQuery as suggested....no difference.

As for the template conflict, on the backend I am just using the default 2.5 template, so I'd be surprised if there was a conflict.

Any other ideas?
Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks
Brendon