News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Different price per customer for a product

Started by arisp, January 26, 2013, 22:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arisp

Hello everyone,

I have searched a lot, but I couldn't find the solution yet.

We need to have different prices per customer for the same product. These prices should be shown on the list of products.

Is there any way to do this (including commercial)?

We are using

• Joomla 2.5.7
  • VM 2.0.18a

Thank you in advance,
Aris

PolishedGeek

Could you maybe include a drawing or mockup of what you want? I'm not following you when you say you want to show different prices per customer for the same product in a list.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

arisp

Hi,

thank you for your response.

All I need is to show different prices per product for every customer.
These prices should be shown in the customer as final prices (not with discount) when he sees the product list in my e-shop.

Aris

PolishedGeek

Sorry to be dense, but still not getting what you mean. Are you saying that you want when customer A comes to your site, they see Product X costs $100 but if Customer B comes to the site they see Product X costs $150?  Just don't get yet what you are trying to do, or why....
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

arisp

Yes, that's what I am trying to do!

Is this possible without setting prices per shopper group but per customer?

Thanks!

PolishedGeek

I think you will need to use shopper groups to set different prices. The challenge there becomes that the customer has to be logged in and assigned already to a shopper group. I'm getting the sense though that isn't going to fit your use case.

If there is some sort of logic to the pricing, like that the price always changes once someone buys one of the item, then you could have a plugin change the product price upon purchase, perhaps.

Without knowing more, I really can't provide any better advise, sorry.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

arisp

As you said in your previous post, I need the following:  Product X costs $100 but if Customer B comes to the site they see Product X costs $150.

But I cannot create a different shopper group for every customer that I have.

In fact there is a sort of logic. I am thinking of a MySQL table with the following columns : ShopperId, ProductID, Price. Then, on the VirtueMart front-end, a plug-in would be able to display to every customer it's own prices, based on that table.

Is this possible? Is there any plug-in (including commercials) that could give me this option?

Thank you for your answers and your time!

Regards,
Aris