News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

Started by gorma, April 14, 2012, 19:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorma

Hi,

Trying to upgrade VM 2.0.2 to VM 2.0.4 on Joomla 2.5.4 but get this error every time....

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart_allinone/classes/download.php on line 256

I have askewd the host to give me 90 seconds execution time but it still fails.

I have seen others have this issue but not found any solutions... can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Nigel

Milbo

Use the provided download link and install the aio using the normal joomla extension installer page.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

gorma

Hey Milbo,

Thanks for that! Worked a treat! I had the zip but couldn't find anywhere what to do with it... Once you said then it was obvious.

The only thing is that even though I have the 2.0.4 zip file it now says I have version 2.0.3, strrrrrrrange!!!

Oh well, Im sure its fine!

Thanks again.

jenkinhill

It is fine. The entry in the aio component xml file was not updated to 2.0.4 before release.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

PaulT

I found I had this error message when trying to update to VM 2.0.6 using the live updater. I tried downloading it manually and installing it normally but it still timed out. I then used the Extplorer component that I installed to open the /tmp folder and I extracted the com_virtuemart.2.0.6.tar.gz file. Then I went back to the Extension Manager and used the Install from Directory method: /home/yourdomain/public_html//tmp and that worked fine.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bbw

Thanks PaulT!  worked like a charm....  now I'm updated!

AngelinaC

I've tried the directions for the phoca - using /com_virtuemart as a subfolder in tmp folder and even though I can see an installer folder in this download, I keep getting a message returned that the installer cannot see any "Unable to find install package"

Any other suggestions?  I also get the 30 second time out message as those above.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

AC
joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

lipes

I've got same problem!!!
I cant install 2.0.7 and syncronize the Media images...
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

AngelinaC

I was able to obtain a successful install message (yeah!)   after my server company made me a personalized  php.ini file and upped the time allowed.

I did get one message I'm not sure what to do about if anything: 

Warning, the Safe Path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system  is:    /home/domain/public_html/URL /folder

Just noting this from my install.  I'll see if there is more detail in other posts on what this means.     

joomla 2.5.4 / VM 2.0.2

lipes

to solve that i just need to go to your Shop Configuration:
( /administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=config )

and in "Safe Path" write the way to store your invoice informations (i think is for that)
and you'll need to create that new folder in your webhost or localhost

( in my situation i'll not use invoices.. so this safe path is not necessary... i think)  :-/
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum