News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2.0.4 Recurring Database Error - vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery

Started by rethinkmarketing, April 13, 2012, 18:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rethinkmarketing

I recently upgraed from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 and have had ongoing problems with a database error that is coming up with the following message on selected pages in the console:

QuotevmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_price' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT c.`virtuemart_category_id`, l.`category_description`, l.`category_name`, c.`ordering`, c.`published`, cx.`category_child_id`, cx.`category_parent_id`, c.`shared` FROM `yhfpz_virtuemart_categories_en_gb` l JOIN `yhfpz_virtuemart_categories` AS c using (`virtuemart_category_id`) LEFT JOIN `yhfpz_virtuemart_category_categories` AS cx ON l.`virtuemart_category_id` = cx.`category_child_id` WHERE cx.`category_parent_id` = 0 ORDER BY product_price ASC

This had been annoying me but not affecting anything as far as I could see.  I followed previous advice and ran the "Install/update tables?" service within the Tools menu.

Since I did this all products that I open loose all their categories and they can not be reinstated, despite being clearly visible under /Products/Product Categories

Now I'm a newby to VM and could be finding a connection when there is none but I'd really appreciate someone letting me know if these issues are connected, and what I can do to fix them?

Joomla! 2.5.3 Stable [Ember]  VirtueMart 2.0.4

PRO

go to

Tools and Migration

"Install or update tables"

That will add the column that was added with the newer version.

rethinkmarketing

I did this and this is when my problems really began, it temporarily fixed this message, but all categories began disappearing from the product posts.

Now the message has come back AND the products are loosing their categories, so this fix has not helped.

PRO

Quote from: rethinkmarketing on April 14, 2012, 01:59:19 AM
but all categories began disappearing from the product posts.

Now the message has come back AND the products are loosing their categories, so this fix has not helped.

what do you mean?

Milbo

I cant reproduce this error, please explain more detailled on which view, which modules of vm are running, and the pre tale,.. vm1 migration? you come from 1.9.8? Maybe it is a language problem.
I reproduced by the way almost exactly the same query, but without errors.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

joophilverink

Hi,
I do have the same problem.
Joomla 2.5/VM 2.0.4. Language nl-NL.  Everything was working fine until this afternoon. On backend,
When I open Products there is a list of 10 products. The Colom Category is showing the ride category.
When I open Category there is a list of 10 category's. When I select one of this category's, there is this error: vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_name'  xxxxxxxxxxxx
When I go to products, opening a single product, there is no Category visible/ selectable and showing also this error: vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_name'  xxxxxxxxxxxx
When I look in the configuration Ordering products, in Standard product ordering is selected "Product name".
After changing this in "Product SKU", the error is this: vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_SKU'  xxxxxxxxxxxx
And yes, I was changing this selection before. So I think, it was starting after changing the Product ordering.

Milbo

I think this is fixed in 2.0.6, it uses for the category ordering the field of the product
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rethinkmarketing

We took the brutish approach of completely uninstalling VM and reinstalling it and DB at v2.0.2 which worked...for a while.

Now I can't understand any reason why this would be the case but, the database error returned as soon as I canged some of the Checkout settings to allow default shipping and payment options.

Again this could be a coincidence, but it seems odd that the error would return within seconds of me changing these settings.

TooNewbie

Hello all,

I do have the same error, my installation is:

VTMART 2.0.6
Joomla 1.5.25
The Joomla Frameworks is pure in UK English but I am running the store in Spanish

I reinstalled the tables and initialized again but no success.

The string warming says:

Unknown column 'product_name' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT  c.`virtuemart_category_id`, l.`category_description`, l.`category_name`, c.`ordering`, c.`published`, cx.`category_child_id`, cx.`category_parent_id`, c.`shared`  FROM `jos_virtuemart_categories_es_es` l
  JOIN `jos_virtuemart_categories` AS c using (`virtuemart_category_id`)
  LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_category_categories` AS cx
  ON l.`virtuemart_category_id` = cx.`category_child_id`  WHERE  cx.`category_parent_id` = 0 ORDER BY product_name ASC

and also in product categories  have the next error:

vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_name' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT c.`virtuemart_category_id`, l.`category_description`, l.`category_name`, c.`ordering`, c.`published`, cx.`category_child_id`, cx.`category_parent_id`, c.`shared` FROM `jos_virtuemart_categories_es_es` l JOIN `jos_virtuemart_categories` AS c using (`virtuemart_category_id`) LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_category_categories` AS cx ON l.`virtuemart_category_id` = cx.`category_child_id` WHERE cx.`category_parent_id` = 0 ORDER BY product_name ASC
        vmError: exeSortSearchListQuery Unknown column 'product_name' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS c.`virtuemart_category_id`, l.`category_description`, l.`category_name`, c.`ordering`, c.`published`, cx.`category_child_id`, cx.`category_parent_id`, c.`shared` FROM `jos_virtuemart_categories_es_es` l JOIN `jos_virtuemart_categories` AS c using (`virtuemart_category_id`) LEFT JOIN `jos_virtuemart_category_categories` AS cx ON l.`virtuemart_category_id` = cx.`category_child_id` WHERE c.`published` = 1 AND cx.`category_parent_id` = 0 ORDER BY product_name ASC LIMIT 0, 10

I will keep following this post in order to see future solutions.

Thank you developers VTMART is the best of the best.

bosslb

I'm having the same error too and in backend I get this message:

vmError: The workflow for C or is unknown, take a look on model/orders function handleStockAfterStatusChanged

Runing Joomla 2.5.4
VM 2.0.6

Any solution please ?

TooNewbie

Quote from: bosslb on June 15, 2012, 13:39:03 PM
I'm having the same error too and in backend I get this message:

vmError: The workflow for C or is unknown, take a look on model/orders function handleStockAfterStatusChanged

Runing Joomla 2.5.4
VM 2.0.6

Any solution please ?

in mY case I left weeks of job becuase no complete solution of this. So I back to VT 1.1.9 and Joomla 1.5.26 that area stable, I am about to finish my development just I need to test if the payment methds works well.

I see that for this and other strong issues the VT Team still donĀ“t have a very stable solution, I hope this guys get in one time or another with the right code.