SEF-Bug mod_virtuemart_category J!2.5 VM 2.0.x

Started by jooomlaaa, April 12, 2012, 11:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jooomlaaa

I've placed the mod_virtuemart_category on each project site.
I've generate a menu entry "online-shop".
If I call the menu entry "online-shop" the sef url in the category menu looks like this: www.~.de/online-shop/angebote-gebrauchtes.html
If I call on the homepage or any other non-shop sections the same menu item in the category menu looks like this: www.~.de/component/virtuemart/angebote-gebrauchtes.html

I think, the reason of this different behavior is, that this Itemid of "online-shop"-menu item is in the com_virtuemart/router.php not the right one. Only if the shop component is active it works korrectly.

If I use the Phoca dTree menu the behavior is exactly the same.

What can I do?
Is this a vm-router.php or J!Router-class-problem?

(sorry 4 my bad english)
individuelle Projekte mit Joomla und VirtueMart

jjk

If your shop is multilingual, the "...componet/virtuemart/..." typically is the result of not having a menu entry for all source language menu items in the foreign language(s) - because the Joomla 2.5.x language switcher relies on menu items.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

patrik60

I get a similar problem trying to use a bilingual shop. When I click a category in the category modul directly from the shop menu, the shop menu stays highlighted. If I do the same from an other menu item the shop menu item is no longer active, it's not highlighted. No problems with the SEF URLs.
I have created menu items for both languages (shop and categories). There is also all the time this annoying message vmError('$link["view"] is empty appearing, when I'm looged in as super user, sometimes it' gone then after a few days it comes again.

Also I can't add any items in the non default site language to the cart as long as SEF in the Joomla configuration is active (it doesn't matter wether rewrite URL is active or not, .htaccess exists).

I have bought also the one page checkout from linelab and got new problems: In the cart I can't change quantity or delete items as long as either the whole Joomla SEF is active or unchecked. It works only when SEF is active without rewrite URL.

To me it seems that there are a lot of unsolved SEF problems between Joomla and VM. Unfortunately I never have seen a full working multilingual VM shop with SEF on. If Someone has a link I could then be sure to look for the errors in my system.

Regards Patrik

VM 2.0.4, J 2.5.4

jjk

Quote from: patbe60 on April 13, 2012, 00:13:37 AM
Unfortunately I never have seen a full working multilingual VM shop with SEF on.
...you would have to wait for another two weeks or so to see mine going public... :) SEF is working fine for me on my bilingual local test site (J2.5.4/VM2 2.0.4)

Lexiboy

Quote from: patbe60 on April 13, 2012, 00:13:37 AM
I get a similar problem trying to use a bilingual shop. When I click a category in the category modul directly from the shop menu, the shop menu stays highlighted. If I do the same from an other menu item the shop menu item is no longer active, it's not highlighted. No problems with the SEF URLs.
I have created menu items for both languages (shop and categories). There is also all the time this annoying message vmError('$link["view"] is empty appearing, when I'm looged in as super user, sometimes it' gone then after a few days it comes again.

Also I can't add any items in the non default site language to the cart as long as SEF in the Joomla configuration is active (it doesn't matter wether rewrite URL is active or not, .htaccess exists).

I have bought also the one page checkout from linelab and got new problems: In the cart I can't change quantity or delete items as long as either the whole Joomla SEF is active or unchecked. It works only when SEF is active without rewrite URL.

To me it seems that there are a lot of unsolved SEF problems between Joomla and VM. Unfortunately I never have seen a full working multilingual VM shop with SEF on. If Someone has a link I could then be sure to look for the errors in my system.

Regards Patrik

VM 2.0.4, J 2.5.4

I found out the hard way that all menu items in Joomla should be set to ONE specific language and not to all languages. At least in the case of not-Latin languages, eg Cyrillic. If not, a lot of trouble happens.

That gave a problem with the mandatory virtuemart link which somehow needs to be set for all languages. (I tried one for each language separately, did not work) I put it in a hidden menu and now the problems are over.

It is as much a Joomla problem as a VM problem.... as far as I can tell.

With kind regards,
Alex Stienstra

jjk

Quote from: Lexiboy on April 16, 2012, 10:29:43 AM
...I found out the hard way that all menu items in Joomla should be set to ONE specific language and not to all languages
Sometimes it saves time to search for available documentation or tutorial first: http://help.joomla.org/files/EN-GB_multilang_tutorial.pdf  :)