Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VM menue gone after update to 2.0.4

Started by babylon5, April 12, 2012, 08:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rippergr

Quote from: pkornmeier on April 19, 2012, 10:03:14 AM
Hi Kelvyn,

thanks a lot for your help. The entry for virtuemart is enabled in the jos_extensions table, so that´s not the problem. But this brought me to the solution of the problem.

If the problem occurs do the following:

- go to the table "jos_extensions"
- search the entry  with field "name" = virtuemart
- note the value of the field "extension_id"

- than go to the table "jos_menu"
- search the entry  with field "title" = COM_VIRTUEMART
- change the field "component_id" to the value  of the field "extension_id" from table "jos_extensions"

Than reload the Joomla-adminsite and it should work.

I don´t why this happen, but may be it´s because my Joomla-Installation was migrated from version 1.5

Thanks a lot that worked. I made the update to other web pages but it came out only in one and your solution works great.
Visit my webpage www.comworld.gr

MAD King

Thank you so much.

Hi Kelvyn,

thanks a lot for your help. The entry for virtuemart is enabled in the jos_extensions table, so that´s not the problem. But this brought me to the solution of the problem.

- change the field "component_id" to the value  of the field "extension_id" from table "jos_extensions"

I don´t why this happen, but may be it´s because my Joomla-Installation was migrated from version 1.5

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

servlet

I uninstall Xmap... after that the same problem...
Your instructions are good.
Now everything works fine
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

fuzzfree

We had the same problem, client unistalled XMAP and Virtuemart disappeared from Administrator Components Menu. The easiest solution is just to re-upload Virtuemart from Extension Manager (like a normal installation).
FuzzFree :: Managed PHP Applications, Cloud Hosting, Digital Marketing

servlet

Quote from: fuzzfree on September 06, 2013, 11:10:54 AM
We had the same problem, client unistalled XMAP and Virtuemart disappeared from Administrator Components Menu. The easiest solution is just to re-upload Virtuemart from Extension Manager (like a normal installation).
It is true, but if you have custom code outside of template overwrite you will lose this custom code.
Xmap is dead and it is useless for big shops...
Он-лайн магазин за фототапети http://mishelfoster.com

mbrando

Hi Kelvyn,

This fixed me up. Thanks you.

Its odd that it had 10050 in stead of 10055 as the ID.

- Mike
Reliable Web Hosting www.JIKOmetrix.net

gusstavvo

Hello from "extension_id" appear two tables. Is this right? Which one should I choose?

gldproducts

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 18, 2012, 12:58:42 PM
The fix for this (and any other component that is installed but not on the menu) is to open up the database in phpMyAdmin and look in the xxx_extensions table for the VirtueMart component entry. Check the content of the "enabled" field. It should be 1 but yours may show 0  - edit it to 1 and the component will then show in the Joomla BE menu.

Before doing that you could try using the Discover facility in the Extension Manager  - somebody reported this worked for a Community Builder component install on J2.5 that failed to appear in the components menu.

What PHP version are you using? Is it an overloaded shared server you are using?

There are also many reports here on the forum that having Xmap installed without the current VirtueMartplugin prevents the VM component from registering in the database, the anwer there is to add in the plugin and use Joomla 2.5's discovery feature. If you already have the Xmap VM plugin enabled, then disable it,  save, and then re-enable it. The link returns

Mine was still at "1" enabled, still not in the menu.

CE WebDesign München

hi,

what is your joomla and vm versions?
xmap / vm-plugins installed?

try this http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101120.msg336673#msg336673

maybe it will be fixed by joomla https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/4446 in future release,

kind regards
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

EvanGR

Hello, I know this is an old topic but bumped into this issue today.

xmap is a dead product, so we decided to try OSmap. During installation, parts of xmap were removed (without warning, argh!) and we ended up with the issue described in this thread.

The solution with the com_virtuemart id worked, but only restored the base link to Virtuemart in the backend. It did not bring back the sub-menu which normally appears on hover. Any ideas on that one?

dglite

Hi: this solved the issue to me...

Hi Kelvyn,

Great!

:)