News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Changing the Default Product Details Page

Started by veryjerry, April 12, 2012, 07:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veryjerry

Running VM 2.0.2 Joomla 2.5.4

So I want to create multiple Product Details Pages. (And Category Layout's)

I found the default.php in the productdetails > tmpl and edited to have a decent styling for my default usage.

However now I want to create different product details pages for different categories. I took the default.php duplicated it and renamed it amazon_details.php for a sample category.
When i try to assign it in the category area I can see it in the Default Product Details Page dropdown and I CAN assign it, however the Product Details page doesn't refresh with the new settings.

I tried to clear overrides in the Templates > Product layout area in the event that a Globally defined one would some how affect the PER Category settings but it doesn't work.

I am not sure if there is something I am missing here.

I have looked over the forums a lot trying to find an answer to this but have been unable to find a topic. Sorry if it is out there and I missed it.

Thanks in advance for any help in regards to this.

adrianpaun

rename it in default_amazon.php, default_discount.php, etc.

veryjerry

I have renamed it default_amazon.php and tried other variations of it default_test.php but none of them work.

Flexes

mdma evil!
I teach English

CE WebDesign München

'default2.php' worked for me! (j2.5.4, vm2.0.6)

all names with - or _ failed...

hard to figure out ;)
a tool tip would be great there...

Feature list:
    template handling
           -   different product display pages per category/product
CE WebDesign München: https://ce-webdesign.de | Websites, eCommerce WebShops | Responsive Design | SEO

dragonita

Quote from: gogo123 on May 23, 2012, 20:24:23 PM
'default2.php' worked for me! (j2.5.4, vm2.0.6)

all names with - or _ failed...

hard to figure out ;)
a tool tip would be great there...

Feature list:
    template handling
           -   different product display pages per category/product

gogo123!!! Thanks!!  :-* you just save my brain..... it was already burning because I used _ on my custom files and yes it´s not working with it. Just get rid of the _ and everything back to normal.... well after expending time in changing all the settings to the new names.... everytime I have to update VM I get sick.... ???
Iguess this should be reported as a bug!! ::)
Technology is a mystery that we want to solve for your, take action: contact dragonita.com