How Do I remove "/component/virtuemart/" or rename in the URLS??

Started by malibu2792, April 11, 2012, 22:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRO

Quote from: lipes on March 09, 2013, 06:17:18 AM
yet in the 2.0.18b but  that router.php file it's an old file that as been used to filter work with SEF...
i've did once again the search and now remember where i've found... the file was taken from this website: http://paulmason.name/item/search-engine-friendly-sef-urls-for-virtuemart
(in fact it's an old post, but it's working until now... only miss the correct name call of the VM frontend Modules..)

If i use the actual version of router.php the product filter doesnt work with SEF "On" but works with SEF off ..
maybe this file could solve some forum members problems

best regards

which product filter?

lipes

VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

PRO

cpb?

sounuds like its not coded correctly. Have you reported this to them,?

lipes

yep, i've talked some times with Maks .. but the support for my old version is over :-/
also got the last router.php in the website to download but now it's only for the new versions...

I will have to made some more tests to try to find a way to combine this old router.php file and the new one (2.0.18c) to discover a way to call the correct SEF name from the frontend modules..

lipes

humm..
The problem it's related with having "&Itemid=" or not... (with this "&Itemid=" the SEF link works good, like i got in the top menu that is assined for every VM category)...

and by the other hand in the frontend index.php with Virtuemart Products Module .. the links doesnt have the "&Itemid="  ...
So thats the problem in router.php...
so maybe it's needed to find where is the "damm" php code that call all the frontend VM product module links and maybe put any kind of "&Itemid=" to see if works..
i'll go crazy....

edit.. (I think that it's related with this code lines) from the new Router that works:
if ($helper->edit) return $segments;

/* Full route , heavy work*/
// $lang = $helper->lang ;
$view = '';

$jmenu = $helper->menu ;

if(isset($query['langswitch'])) unset($query['langswitch']);

if(isset($query['view'])){
$view = $query['view'];
unset($query['view']);
}

and this lines from the old router..:
if ( isset($query['virtuemart_category_id']) ) {
if (isset($jmenu['virtuemart_category_id'][ $query['virtuemart_category_id'] ] ) )
$query['Itemid'] = $jmenu['virtuemart_category_id'][$query['virtuemart_category_id']];
else {
$categoryRoute = $helper->getCategoryRoute($query['virtuemart_category_id']);
if ($categoryRoute->route) $segments[] = $categoryRoute->route;
if ($categoryRoute->itemId) $query['Itemid'] = $categoryRoute->itemId;
}
unset($query['virtuemart_category_id']);
}

PRO

franzpeter

Can someone explain me, what SamF means? As far as I do understand, it is good to create a Joomla menu entry for the VM frontpage. The menu entry should not receive a front end module or should not be visible in a front end menu module, but it should be set as default page or start page. So the start page is the VM frontpage but not represented in a Joomla module. What difference does it make to create a visible menu entry as start page with VM frontpage and call it for example Home or so? Is it better for crawlers or SEO to not officially use the VM frontpage? I do not understand why it should be useful to hide the start page entry (VM frontpage as homepage) in a mainmenu, because the VM frontpage is still the default start page, even if not represented in a visible menu entry. But maybe someone can explain it!

I do see the /component/virtuemart/ too, but it only occurs if an action like add to cart takes place and than with the continue shopping button. I did deactivate the add to cart from the Virtuemart front page, so the problem remains hidden. I think the true problem has to do something with not retrieving the root entry for VM from Joomla menu. It does not happen while adding a product to cart from a category page and then going to cart and click there on 'continue shopping'. Here VM redirects to the correct category to list products or add something to cart. It only happens if there is no category available, as from the VM frontpage (featured, newest ... products). Selecting a product there without add to cart actions goes to the product page with correct path, only the add to cart from the VM frontpage produce problems.

pietrek

Hello,

J. 2.5.14
VM 2.6

I created couple of menu items, some of them have nice short links but some of them not.
Short links:
http://www.dompaneli.pl/sensual
http://www.dompaneli.pl/aroma

ugly links:
http://www.dompaneli.pl/com-virtuemart-menu-configuration/excellence
http://www.dompaneli.pl/com-virtuemart-menu-configuration/solution
and others...

Each link is a top level category. It looks to me, as it works properly/wrong depending on menu-module, but I don't see differences between menus settings, other than css classes.

I did not change any settings in configuration etc. when I was adding new menu items.
I've read this topic (initially I didn't have special menu for VM with its front page layout menu item.) followed the instructions, and nothing changed...
Is there any other place/option to make changes and have nice short addresses?
Regards, Pietrek