cart popup not displayed any more in 2.0.4 - still in 2.0.6

Started by daduke, April 11, 2012, 15:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

her63

thank you all my freind  , it's work for me. After 4 day think to solved this problem. just follow the step of facebox.txt and rename it. www.dewiflorist.com.

God Bless You All.

herry

AlexJ

Unfortunately it didn't help  :(
I'll just deactivate the VM popup for now and hope for a solution soon.
Virtuemart 2.0.8e
Joomla! 2.5.6

Kevin14688

Hello 2 u all

As wrote in the "Your live Sites" Section. We are migrating at the moment to VM 2.0.8e.
The problem from above with the cart is still the same as on 2.04 / 2.06. Don't know what to do more. I tried your
hints and tips but nothing works.

So maybe somebody have THE Idea... Waiting until then and so long the customers have to surf over the "cart" page.

Best Regards
Kevin

thebeuving

We have posted the solution to the cart popup issue here with a few more details and in place that will be easy for everyone to find in the future.

Thanks,
David
Founded in 2005, Khoza Technology, Inc. formerly SRI Hosting, Inc. is an IT services company with proven success building hosted services, applications, and websites.

https://khoza.com

AlexJ

I now got a solution that seems to work like a charm. I was forced to find this when my jQuery_dropdown_login (JDL) clashed with jEvents RSVP Pro as well as add to cart popup.

First I turned of jQuery loading in VM and made JDL load the VM compatible version of jQuery (1.6.4) instead of JDL standard (1.4.2).

I then made these changes in my JDL jscript login.js:

// Login Form
$j = jQuery.noConflict(true);                    // <--- Added this
$j(function() {                                          // <--- Changed $ ->  $j
    var button = $j('#loginButton');           // <--- Changed $ ->  $j
    var box = $j('#loginBox');                    // <--- Changed $ ->  $j
    var form = $j('#loginForm');                 // <--- Changed $ ->  $j
    button.removeAttr('href');
    button.mouseup(function(login) {
        box.toggle();
        button.toggleClass('active');
    });
    form.mouseup(function() {
        return false;
    });
    $j(this).mouseup(function(login) {     // <--- Changed $ ->  $j
        // if(!($(login.target).parent('#loginButton').length > 0)) {    // also commented these 4 lines that gives errors on every click on the page.
            // button.removeClass('active');
            // box.hide();
        // }
    });
});

As i said, seems to work like a charm for the moment =D
Virtuemart 2.0.8e
Joomla! 2.5.6

hns

It was swMenuFree for me that caused that problem. Disabled jQuery link in swMenu settings and everything works again...for now...

Paul66

This is bloody crazy, I've spent the best part of 2 days trying to sort this out and it's still ropey.
"Works in chrome but not in IE, no, wait a minute, I have it working in IE now but not in Firefox, no, wait, it's not working in chrome now, it goes straight to an empty cart, hold on, it is working in chrome but not in safari, wait, it's back in, no, it's gone again......and on......and on........"

I mean the whole system falls down at the very point of "main" contact with the user, the "ADD TO CART" button!!!!!

Of what use is the rest of the component without this????!!!!

Any worthwhile, solid solution yet??????

bytelord

Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

CowBoyDave

Thanks slutsker! Downloaded your file and it worked like a charm for me. I'm defiantly not going to update anymore without doing my homework first.

I found the file that you posted earlier in the convo and that did not work, but the re-posted version did. I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two files or  not. The one thing I did do different was to uncheck that setting in config before uploading that file, and the checking once the file was uploaded. That may have forced the site to reference that code. I'm not sure about that. Either way, I've got it working now. Thanks again.

Baalfyre

Downloaded facebook.txt file and converted to .js. Worked like a charm and site was acting normal seconds later. Many thanks.

tsvetipl

Quote from: luizwbr on April 18, 2012, 22:50:38 PM
Guys, i used 2 Jquery's in product_details, because i'm dev a shipping plugin and i had the same error then you.

So i changed the facebox javascript, to execute on document.ready, and it works!

The error before i've got before:

vmprices.js

faceboxHtml is not defined in facebox.js in line 56
$.facebox.settings.faceboxHtml = faceboxHtml;

The fix:
facebox.js
jQuery(document).ready(function() {

//[..facebox content..]

});

luizwbr Thank you so much for your solution. I spend to days, I try almost everything only your solution help to my problem.

Thanks again.  ;)

togglewa

G'day I have:
Joomla 2.5.8
Virtuemart 2.0.14

It works in FF/Chrome and pretty much everything except IE9

I get the following error:
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'settings': object is null or undefined
vmprices.js, line 65 character 14

In IE9 Debugger.
Activate Css Styles & Javascripts
Only one ticked are:
Using the product Scripts    
Using the Script ajax Countries / Regions    

I'm using jQuery Easy with 1.7 and in noConflict mode.
I've tried disabling all modules.
Yes: Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' is ticked.
Tried the Facebox.txt trick to no prevail.

Any ideas? Been working on this for days and days and feel so defeated lol..
Try this in IE9 to replicate error once you click on Add to Cart in debug mode.. sometimes it works the first time and then you find another product and then you get the above error...
http://www.toggleway.com.au/pre-release/tikraionline/index.php/products/him/chalkboard-brooch-thought-cloud-detail

Please anyone! I've searched all over the forums etc for answers but none have work.. if it is a conflict.. how do I work out what is causing it.. as I've even tried beez stock standard with install sample data + virtuemart 2 with install data and get the same issue.. 2.5.3 with 2.0.14

Cheers in advanced! :)

kabana

jQuery Easy solve the problem for me. A must have extension.

giotoula

Quote from: slutsker on April 21, 2012, 16:35:24 PM
ok
i had the same problem
but now it seems that everything is working!

1 -you need to download file facebox.txt attached to this thread
rename it to facebox.js and place in components\com_virtuemart\assets\js

2 - go to VM admin - Preferences - Order preferencies

Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart' check it

3 - try to reload page

p.s.
if it still not working - try to rename your js folder of your template and disable js using modules
if lead to working cart popup - problem in conflict with template or modules js files

(how do disable category showing while VM search - read it)

Thanks!!!

R41f

Joomla! 2.5.9, Virtuemart 2.0.6
I used files vmprices.js and facebox.js attached to this topic.
Chrome console gives error "Uncaught ReferenceError: Virtuemart is not defined (anonymous function)" on the line "Virtuemart.addtocart_popup = '1' ; "
After pressing button "buy" console got error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'settings' of undefined "
Please, help me to solve this problem.
The internal page of goods, for example, is http://znaikashop.ru/index.php/component/virtuemart/igri-dlja-samyh-malenkih/mioshi-igra-sorter-begemot-detail?Itemid=0