cart popup not displayed any more in 2.0.4 - still in 2.0.6

Started by daduke, April 11, 2012, 15:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w2kr

If there is a js conflict is this related.
when loading my page that is dispaying the product details I have a script error
'Virtuemart' is undefined
for this reference index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=6&virtuemart_category_id=2, line 39 character 1
refering to this line
Virtuemart.addtocart_popup = '0' ;

w2kr

slutsker - can you attach your fixed as the txt file is not attached to your post.

John2400

The text file is further back in the post -

look for  luizwbr

slutsker

here is this file

did you check on 'show add to cart pop-up' in your VM admin's preferences-order tab?

p.s.
i know that it isn't good advice but after having problems with cart/themes/templates/js while updating i think that updating VM is very bad idea now!
there are thounthands files in this component and updates come 2 times a month so it can damage store even more seriously than hackers attack because it really hard to find problem reason

cart popup problems are very easy to detect but others errors can be so deep in component code - you will never know that some of your products isn't showing or there are other problems with order

[attachment cleanup by admin]

maxboy

the funiest thing is VM team has gone missing on this one... I can guarantee my site does not has any JS conflict and still the problem is there, as I said before on a previous post a VM developer said they changed "namespace" and that created more problems to some people while fixing a couple problems for other... why don't we go back to a working vmprices.js version and undo the "namespace" changes, our projects are stalled, a shopping cart with a broke add to cart button is useles.... VM Team, please help... thanks

w2kr

The popup is now working on my site running 2.0.6 VM.  Issues for me was a javascript conflict with my template js files.  I used IE9 developer tools and viewed the console output you should see if you have errors when you click the add to cart.
I hope this helps others.

Milbo

Maybe some problems are already solved, just going into the vm config and enabling there the popup for the cart. Accidently it is not activated by  default. Maybe this is only in the svn.
For example this Virtuemart.addtocart_popup = '0' ;  indicates that the option is just turned off. Furthermore it is almost anytime template related.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

McD

I've tried all of the fixes suggested in this thread.  Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Unfortunately none of them have worked for me.  I get the same error consistently in Firefox, IE, Chrome:  'faceboxHtml' is undefined  - vmprices.js line 56.

It could be a js conflict but I have tried everything I could think of and everything suggested here to get it to work, but nothing happens.

Could the developers at least tell us if this is being addressed in the new version?  A little scared about updating now, but I will if this is fixed. 

maxboy

Quote from: Milbo on April 23, 2012, 04:36:07 AM...
For example this Virtuemart.addtocart_popup = '0' ;  indicates that the option is just turned off. Furthermore it is almost anytime template related.

Hi Milbo, thanks for all the great work you and your team do for VM. Quick question, have you tried it with one of default Joomla templates? it doen't even work with them..., my template doesn't load any JS or query besides VM ones, and I still face this issue.
If you check it out with a default VM template you will see the button gets clicked and it stays like that, nothing else happens, just like if you are still clicking on it. Please go back to the same way vmprices.js was before, or at least include both JS files (new and old, with namespace and without it) so we use the one that would work in our case and therefore popup will works fine again.
Thanks

maxboy

Quote from: w2kr on April 23, 2012, 01:20:01 AM
The popup is now working on my site running 2.0.6 VM.  Issues for me was a javascript conflict with my template js files.  I used IE9 developer tools and viewed the console output you should see if you have errors when you click the add to cart.
I hope this helps others.
Hi... good to hear it is working for you, could you please tell us what Joomla version are you using? what template are you using?  thanks

patrik60

Quotehave you tried it with one of default Joomla templates? it doen't even work with them...

I don't agree with you. I have made a testsite where I'm using J 2.5.4 with Beez2 template, VM 2.0.6. It's a clean install without any other extensions but virtuemart. I'm using One Page Checkout. But it works also fine without template override.

You may have a look here:

http://www.panmusic.ch/virtuemart/

There must be some other problems. (You may check also what happens, when you use the english site and add an item to the cart.)

maxboy

thanks, didn't try with that template, will take a look and report back...
I'm also thinking into doing a full VM clean install, I have been upgrading it since v 2.0.0, so I'm heading into doing a fresh install

teobgeno

I post this not as a part of the js conflict solution.It is just a modification i made just to be sure there will be no conflicts with the add to cart functionality on the site i currently working on. I disable on the vm backened configuration the Using the product Scripts and at

components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_addtocart.php
I change the
<noscript><input type="hidden" name="task" value="add" /></noscript>

to

<input type="hidden" name="task" value="add" />

Of course there is no ajax add to cart anymore and when i add a product to cart redirect me to basket. In my case i don't mind about the ajax or the redirect.
As i said this is not a solution but an alternative that for my purposes  is ok.

Milbo

I use only joomla standard templates to write virtuemart. We do not use really special stuff. Btw here is another thread, with a solution I didnt read, here imho https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101215.0
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

maxboy

I can confirm it is working for me now... My website was originally installed using VM 2.0.0, since then I have been upgrading it using VM upgrade button, and probably that wasn't done properly.

What I did was to download a fresh copy of VM, unzip it and start off by identifying folders and uploading them, at some point my add to cart button started to work fine again.

I am still not sure if this was a template, jquery or any other kind of issue, but I'm glad is gone. Thanks to all who send your comments and solutions,