Main Menu

[SOLVED]4 Problems

Started by tzeus, April 11, 2012, 14:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tzeus

Hello
My website is located at:
http://www.xquisiteart.com
I'm a beginner and have almost never worked with php before. I do know css/html and some vb/asp
I am using virtuemart 2.0.4 and Enigma template from rockettheme.
I have 3 problems and don't really know how to fix them.
Problem 1:
The style of the name of products. As you can see The first word is black, and what comes after has other style/color. I don't know if this is virtuemart issue or joomla template issue.
Using developer tools in google chrome, i noticed that the link appears like this to the browser:

<a href= "link_here"> <span> First_Word</span>  " rest of the words"</a>

At first i thought it would be easy to modify this, but i still can't do it.
Problem 2:
No matter how many products / row i put, the amount of products per row actually shown us diminished by 1. Not really diminished but moved down.
If i set 3 products / row then i get 2 products on the row and the 3rd beneath them thus giving the impression is on another row. This behavior is consistent with Manufacturers too. I have no ideeea how to fix this, or where i need to look to understand the problem.
Problem 3:
I want to increase the thumbnail of the products on the main page, or in category view, it is just too small. I tried increasing it from the administration backened from 90 to 150 but they remain the same.
Last problem i have is that i want to completely remove the Product details button and and it's link to the thumbnail of the product. No modal popup for image, just the link to product details. I have tried doing it myself but due to limited know how in php couldn't  achieve anything.
While i continue my research and i try to fix the problems myself, i really hope someone can help me with these, i feel like i`m not moving at all.

jenkinhill

1. In joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vmsite-ltr.css (around line 164) find

.featured-view .spacer span, .latest-view .spacer span, .topten-view .spacer span, .related-products-view .spacer span, .browse-view .row .product .spacer span {
    color: #666666;
    font-size: 11px;
}

Comment out the definition. That should fix it. If so, add the correct color and fontsize back in and also copy that part of the css to the end of your rt_enigma/css/template.css file - so the style will not get overwritten next time you update VM.

2. The VM code is correct for 3 products in a row but it looks like the template or gantry will not allow the proper width of the main container div to be calculated. Try a 4 in a row setting, which will give 3 in a row. That may look better.

Now ask the next two questions individually. Messages with more than one question in rarely get answered.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tzeus

Hi! Thx for the response
I made the adjustment to the css file, and it shows title using the Enigma link style, which is ok. I do not complete understand how to make it permanent, i tried copying all the content from the virtuemart css file the the template css file, but the font size looks wrong. so i am still using the virtuemart css now, but it's ok. The other problems are more urgent.
For the other 2 problems, i will make separate topics.
The problem no 2.
If i set up 4 products / row, it will only show 3, and 1 on the row below it. If i make it 5, it will show 4 on the 1st row and one the next one.  This is unwanted behaviour because it looks like this:
etc.

Bruce Morgan

Thank You Kelvyn!  I had the same problem #1.  I commented out the line you mentioned and the display was improved.  I then went to the preceding line in the ccs file and tried increasing the font size by 1.  I saved a refreshed the category view and it looked great.  I refreshed again and the font size was much larger.  Not sure what happened but it is much better.

Tzeus, I have Zephyr by Rocketheme.  I had a similare proble with trying to show two product per row on the category view.  I went into the default.php file for that view and made a copy and edited lines 185, 219, 245, and 252.  I was following a suggestion made in another post on this forum.  Not sure which line did the trick but it sloved the problem.

tzeus

Hey Bruce! Can you try and track that down?
My default php pages don't have that many lines, only category/default.php the rest have ~100.
Regardless i don't know what and where to modify

Bruce Morgan

The path is root/components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php.  I copied the file made some changes and renamed it.  Afterwards, you can select it as your category viewunder template in VM configuration.

tzeus

I was talking about the changes or the post that you read that info more than the template file. CAn you track those down, if it's not too much of a hassle?

Bruce Morgan

Sorry, not sure what you really need and I have read hundreds of post the past few weeks.  I print some of them but do not have that one.  The forum search function is pretty lame and there are usually multiple threads for every topic so it is hard to look back.

Just is cae anyone is looking, it would be handy to have a feature similar to whatr the Joomla forum has in that a user can view his own posts.  It helps narrow the search.

tzeus

Quote from: Bruce Morgan on April 11, 2012, 17:18:33 PM
Tzeus, I have Zephyr by Rocketheme.  I had a similare proble with trying to show two product per row on the category view.  I went into the default.php file for that view and made a copy and edited lines 185, 219, 245, and 252.  I was following a suggestion made in another post on this forum.  Not sure which line did the trick but it sloved the problem.
Hi
I need to know what you modified on those lines. I did look for the suggestion you mentioned but with no success.

adrianpaun

See this thread: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=101081.0

Basicaly the rockettheme put a default margin and padding to you're component, so you have to change the width % to your columns. If you have 3 columns in a row put the columns width 30% or even smaller, 29%, 28%, untill it fit's 3 columns.

Bruce Morgan

line 185 I changed to  $Browsecellwidth = ' width'.floor ( 90 / $BrowseProducts_per_row ); 
Line 219 changed to  <div class="width35 floatleft center">
line 245  changed to    <div class="width50 floatright">
I also deleted the show product tions button code at around lines 2828-284. 

Warning: I barely know what i am doing and use a lot of trial and error.  I use Winmerge to compare files and guide me.  Hope this helps.

tzeus

Ty very much.
Very helpful indeed.
The trick on line where we calculate no of products/row (change to 90 from 100) did it. Now it looks like i want it too.
Ty again guys!
PS: Changing the width of the columns did not work for me but the solution above did.

Bruce Morgan

Love to be able to help someone else.  I have read amd made a lot of posts over 8 years and often forget and am unable to find the past posts that I have found helpful.  I am not a coder but am learning how to cut and paste a bit better.  The look of my test shop is getting better.  One of these days I may upload it to my server in a subdirectory so other may have a look.

adrianpaun

Looking forward to see you're website :D

Bruce Morgan

My live site built on VM 1.1.x is at www.pepper-passion.com.  I am pretty happy with it but want to migrate it within the next 6 months to the new Joomla and VM.