[fixed] VirtueMart Product Search 2.0.4 has never worked

Started by simbus82, April 11, 2012, 11:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

palpal

Hi all , thanks to raise the issue.

Thanks, Milbo !! once i disable the search for product_ids, it works very well now !!

Milbo

The search plugin is a hook for the joomla plugin, while the module is pure vm.

Searches are an own field, like google proofes us every day.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Sirinidis Nikolaos

I'd say that the answer is quite simple,
if you disable SEO then search module will work under all categories, but if you enable SEO search module will search the keyword in that particular category.
What I did to quick fix the problem was to add in <form> a new <input>

<input type="hidden" value="0" name="virtuemart_category_id">

and the other thing about "+" and "-" in product names..

you go to administrator/com_virtuemart/models/product.php
and around line 129 find

$this->keyword = vmRequest::uword ('keyword', "0", ' ');

and replace it with

$this->keyword = vmRequest::uword ('keyword', "0", ' ,-,+');

last parameter of uword is allowed characters
κατασκευή ιστοσελίδων http://www.netikon.gr

SamTzu

None of these tips helped. The search is still broken on 2.0.10.
---------------------------------------------------------

Sam

ivowolfen

The problem for me was in the Joomla SEO - friendly addresses, not VM SEO. If this option is turned off everything with search is ok.

Added: The hack of ngoagr works fine /Joomla 2.5.7, VM 2.0.12b/, he missed to mention that hidden input is in the form in /modules/mod_virtuemart_search/tmpl/default.php and in the form in /components/com_virtuemart/views/category/tmpl/default.php . Works fine for me.

walkyrie

thnak you, it works (but how can this be possible after one year of VM 2.0 ? ??  :o)

Milbo

Both fixes are now added to the next 2.0.16 and 2.1

The search was not "broken" that is a bit too harsh word. Better said our security was too strict and not commode like google
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

patrick356356

Hi all,

I tried to copy the default.php under mod_virtuemart_search and category from VM2.0.16 to the corresponding override directories for VM2.0.14 but still I can't get all search results showing up when searching from inside a category. I only get the results from inside the open category.

I also tried to add the hidden fields in both these files as mentioned by ngoagr without any better result.

Can someone please tell how I should get Joomla SEO, VM SEO and the search to work as expected? Maybe it's clear from the previous post but I can't get it to work.

--------------------
Update
Took the risk and upgraded to 2.0.16 and it still only searches inside the opened category, not all categories. It doesn't matter if I check the "Category filter" in search module or not. Milbo, I thought you added the fix into 2.0.16 or did I misunderstand something?
-------------------

Thanks
Patrick

Aliciah85

Hi Patrick- did you end up getting a response? My search is also not working with SEO enabled and i am now on vm 2.0.18a...

thanks