Author Topic: USPS v4.3 Works with Free Hosting but not with iPage Hosting  (Read 4364 times)

daov517

• Beginner
USPS v4.3 Works with Free Hosting but not with iPage Hosting
« on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:00 am »
i've spent days trying to figure out what's going on. i am currently using ipage.com hosting, when i get to the "choose shipping method" page, the only shipping method that shows up is "USPS library mail" even though I have all of the different shipping methods enabled.

i uploaded the same website into a free host provider (000webhost.com) and when i get to the "choose shipping method" page, all the different methods show up correctly.

does anybody know what the issue can be here? If you need me to provide more details/information please ask. I want to solve this issue!!

Thanks guys.

daov517

• Beginner
Re: USPS v4.3 Works with Free Hosting but not with iPage Hosting
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:21:54 am »
Could this be the issue?

after taking a look at both the phpinfo.php pages,

the free hosting which has the correctly operating virtuemart usps module has "Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler"

for the ipage hosting, which the usps module isn't working, has "Server API: CGI"

I'm requesting to see if i can change it to apache at the moment. does anybody know if this is the issue?

daov517

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:55:51 am »
Errors i get when trying to use usps v5 on virtuemart 1.4

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP24_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP25_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP26_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP27_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP28_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant USPS_SHIP29_UPCHARGE in /hermes/bosoraweb014/b175/ipg.allnaturellecom/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/uspsv5.php on line 441

daov517

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:12:03 am »
Solved! switched from php v5 to php v4 and all of a sudden it's working now.

Bromigery

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 11:44:27 am »
USPS said they can't help me and IPAGE says to contact OScommerse, but there is no customer support number.