Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Warning message Safe path

Started by Dosadon, April 10, 2012, 13:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dosadon

I just upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.0.4

After I upgraded i got this message in the Back End:
Warning, the Safe path is empty, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home2/MY Domain path/public_html/vmfiles

And then on the front end I get this message if I continue shopping and go to a different page on my website:
Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in /home2/My Domain path/public_html/My Website/components/com_virtuemart/helpers/cart.php on line 91

Please Help Need to publish my site LiVE like today!!!!

Thanks,
Don

jenkinhill

1. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=98633.0

2. It is a php warning. Turn off Error Reporting in Joomla config/server/server settings (assuming J2.5.4)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cpetitclerc73

A full server path is the path your system uses to define where your own files are located on the server (as opposed to files belonging to other users).
•You can determine the path while you are logged in via FTP (some programs will tell you this) or while using a File Manager tool in your Control or Administrative Panel (if your host provides one for you).

•You can create a pathinfo.php file. Open a plain text editor, and paste in the following:

<?php echo $_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]; ?>

Save the text file as pathinfo.php. Upload the file to your server.
Now, type the URL to the file you just uploaded into your browser to view the full server path to that file.

•If none of these solutions work, you may need to ask your host for the full server path for your system and account.

jenkinhill

No need to do that. Just look in Joomla System Information/Configuration File where the path is shown for tmp_path and for log_path. Just substitute your new directory name got logs or tmp.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

much easier now cpetitclerc73 , just delete the whole safe path entry and a message will appear with your path.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xpozay

While all the technical solutions are correct, I do believe the bigger issue is much simpler.  What are we meant to do?

For me, I know my administrator path through Cpanel (and also VM nicely tells us - when it is blank). 

I read this thread a few times and the other linked thread and still had no idea what to do.  So I did the natural thing to do and ignored it and proceeded to play with VM.  I noticed that message was still there at the top of VM and immediately concluded that there must be a configuration field for this somewhere.  Once I found the setting under templates, entered the safe path /home/adminname/vmfiles (I created vmfiles using cpanel) and problem solved.

My suggestion to the VM guys is to change your message during installation to say where to fix the problem.  Ie go to configuration/templates because when we see this message during installation it implies that I have an installation problem and not a configuration problem.

Perhaps something like this ....

Warning, the Safe path is empty.  For safety reasons it is very important to create a folder, not accessible by an URL, to store secure VM data such as invoices.  Our suggested path is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  Once you have finished the installation, please visit the Virtuemart configuration under Configuration/Templates/Media File Settings/Safe Path to enter your file path.

Where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   is /home2/MY Domain path/public_html/vmfiles or whatever for that sever.

curtisvision

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
I followed the instructions here and still am getting the same error message.
any suggestions?
attachments show the folder i created and how i put it into the template section for safe path.

help?

thanks!  :-)

[attachment cleanup by admin]

curtisvision

this is the error message i get?
Warning, the Safe Path is WRONG, for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensible data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/content/37/3871037/vmfiles

Milbo

Next version has the fix

I think your path is just missing the / at the end: /home/content/37/3871037/vmfiles/
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

curtisvision

i read your post before... tried it both ways with and without the slash

no i get the post on the front end of my whole site...

Warning: require(/home/content/37/3871037/html/includes/version.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/37/3871037/html/includes/framework.php on line 41

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/37/3871037/html/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/37/3871037/html/includes/framework.php on line 41

Help?

:-\

curtisvision

here is the screen shot of how i input it...

curtisvision

my website is in a complete lockdown from viewers right now...

Milbo

This has nothing todo with us, this is joomla,... looks like your provider changed the path of your web, without telling you.

curtisvision

Milbo!  Thanks!  For the record... I HATE GODADDY! They have done nothing but create major problems for me and their support is crap! I appreciate your help and your thoughts on why this is happening is not surprising since it seems that every time I have a problem Godaddy is the problem. They have caused me to lose weeks in website production. For anyone reading this do not use Godaddy!

Do you have any suggestions on a knowledgable webservice provider that has experience with joomla and virtuemart?

Milbo

Please go on this page http://extensions.virtuemart.net/

Use the banner at the bottom "cloudaccess.net". They are a cloudhoster speshitpilled on joomla and our partners. When they cant solve a virtuemart problem, they ask us and vice versa. I am quite sure you will appreciate it.