News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Solved Sort order bug in 2.0.4...2.0.8

Started by Urs, April 10, 2012, 10:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urs

Hello

Everytime i open a product and save it, the sort-id is 1.

regards

Urs

Studio 42

HI,
What you mean with the sort-id ?
the ordering number ?

Urs

I think so... in german: neu sortieren

regards

Urs

this is a big bug for me! Please solve it!

Everytime i edit an product, the sort-id of that product is 1! Still in newest version

Urs

papaavola

You want change your products sort order?

In version 2.0.7 f:
Go to products, select category you want modify from 'Filter: select product category'
After selecting category filter, reorder field comes visible. You can only order products in categories.

Select product order you want with arrows in reorder column and after that  press disk icon (Save order) next to reorder field label to save new sort order.
Saving product itself doesn't save sort orders, so always press disk icon after changing sort order to save it.

I hope this helps you.

Urs

Hi

This is not my problem.

My problem is that if all the products are sorted and i open a product and save it the ordering number is one!

regards

Urs

papaavola

Yes, you are right, order number really resets to 1 every time when product is saved.
My version is 2.0.7.h

Urs

Thanks papaavola. This error is since version 2.0 and still not fixed!

>:( >:( >:(

John2400

Hi - the order -

You have a product that you would like the customers to see first ,
Use the SKU - and use numbers like 0001 , 0002 etc or aaaa1, aaaa2 on products - you may find that this will set a more stable order.

* ensue you leave space for products -  so the 1 might be 00001 and product 2 might be 00004  so that if you need it - you have room to reset orders -

* this is not the long term solution but it might help. If you are using 2.0.4 It might be best to update to 2.0.6 stable version.

DaggaTora

Plz, this is really important to fix! I can't tell my client that he can't order and promote the products he wants.

:'( :'( :'( :'(
Joomla 2.5.17 | VM2.0.26d | PHP 5.3.28

BaidareW

Yes, sorting is very important. Please fix :)

Urs

Urs

Sill not fixed in 2.0.8!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:(