Click on manufacturer name in product details view - strange results

Started by jjk, September 30, 2011, 22:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

J1.7.1/VM2 SVN revision 4222
Just dicovered another issue - if you click in FE product details page on the manufacturer name, at first you see a popup window saying:
"Manufacturer Name"
Link: "View all Manufacturer Name Products 34" (34 is the number of products from this manufacturer)

When you click on the link, the complete web-page including the default category layout opens in the popup. Looks pretty ugly :-)
What appears in the popup window varies a little bit, i.e. sometimes it doesn't catch the manufacturer's products and the category view remains empty.
I think it would be better to close the popup window and load the category view normal (including mycategory layout), filtered with the correct manufacturer.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lipes

yep.. i agree.
this problem still remains in VM2.0.3
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

jjk

Quote from: lipes on March 21, 2012, 21:49:31 PM
this problem still remains in VM2.0.3

Not really. What you currently see when you click on the manufacturer name in the product details view is different (much better) than what I described in September 2011.

Currently it should open an iframe which holds a link to the list of products by that manufacturer. On my site I've made the iframe a little smaller to make it look a little bit better. The size of the iframe can be adjusted in ...\components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl\default_manufacturer.php, around line 32.

However, I agree that the iframe popup "Show all products by ManufactuerName" could be omitted, because it's the only option.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lipes

Humm.. ok! now i think that my problem it's another thing... if i click in the Manufacturer Name link "open in new window" that new window goes to a strange page because it open with my background image of the template lol :) (CSS solve that)

But i'll try to remove that popup (i dont like that too) and insert some code to see the Manufacturer Brand Logo / or only the Text without link .. which is it's much better (in my opinion).
It would be nice to users in BE have some options to choose like have that Popup (with the general manufacturer info)..
or for example have the possibility of changing that and add the Vendor/Manufacturer logo img; or the Vendor/Manufacturer text name + logo img; or only the Vendor/Manufacturer text name .. (all options without popup)

I was thinking one thing and I was wrong in what i said in last msg, sorry.
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

SSmeredith

Do you know where you can hide the link "View all Manufacturers Products" then we get the nice pop-up and description without linking to another window opening. Confusing and not very appealing with our template.

Thanks!