News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

'no standard shopper group set' issue

Started by wembley2000, April 10, 2012, 00:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wembley2000

Hi there

I have found a problem in that even though I only have a single 'Shooper Group' my site throws up the following error:
QuoteAttention no standard shopper group set
Has anyone else noticed this issue?
I am using VM v2.0.2 and Joomla v2.5.4.
Does anyone have a solutions please?

Kind regards

John2400

Hi wembley2000,

Look most store will work very well with 'no shopper group'-- what you have done is got very keen and added a shopper group to items.

When you go to buy - it is now looking for a shopper group - but your customer is not in a group

* go back - just chnge one product to "no shopper group" - then try and but that product - not the superuser but average 'joe"

* I have no shopper groups in my store - works perfectly - and for you other post you see I wrote on = you can make those clients a special shopper group and add a product now and again just for them.

wembley2000

Hi

Thanks for the advice; however, after doing what you suggest, I still get the error messages, bot for 'no standard user group' and I continue to have the 'assign VM to a menu' issue.  This is both for 'guest' 'registered' and 'super admin'.

Any further ideas would be useful?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

John2400

wembley2000,

I fund an old post - from Milbo - the VM designer http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95008.msg311752#msg311752

also 2.0.4 is out today in http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

try an update and then solve some of those issues - maybe update first ans see if it is resolved then try a hack

wembley2000

Hi

Thanks for the input; it has indeed solved the problem with 'groups'.

However the issue of 'Info: Asigne el componente Virtuemart a un item del menĂº' still remains, where although I have asigned a menu to the 'online store' it does give the message that I need to asign a menu to the VM component.

Any ideas would be useful as this is going to be rather annoying to those using the site.

Regards

John2400

Hi wembley2000,

if the actual item works and it is just the wording then lets stop the wording -

Go into the server language folder>> find the language file you use >>eg:en-GB or yours>> open it and find the en_GB.com_virtuemart.ini file - remember yours is a different folder. Your language.

Now open that file and find line 17 -COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU="Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item"

just delete the words "" so it looks like this - solved . save close and test.

wembley2000

Hi there

Thanks for your great suggestion; however we hit another snag.

This does indeed geat rid of the text (worded phrase), however it does not get rid of the variable name on those occasions where it only displays this.

Any further help would be good.

Regards

John2400

hi wembley2000,

the variable name - could you post an example - even If I cannot solve this - others might have a suggestion -

an image of what it says - from your site - you can attach an image at the bottom of the post .

wembley2000

Hi there

I include a PNG file of the error as requested.

I have also just had a thought, could this be down to the translation of the site i.e. the variable doesn't exist?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

wembley2000

Hi

Out of Interest I have found both variables COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU in the GB & ES language files, but there does appear to be some differences because the files have different numbers of maximum lines.

Any ideas/sugestions would be useful.

I thank you for your help in advance on this matter.

Kind regards