Price column empty and Total $$ not reflecting Qty change.

Started by swilkerson, April 09, 2012, 23:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swilkerson

Just updated to 2.0.4. The Price column is now empty. I did not see any other posts about this. I am using a template, switched to default, still the same result. I can increase the quantity, which updates the amount in the "product prices result" row but not in the Total. Have I over looked anything? Tried it both logged in and out, same result.  Worked fine before the upgrade using 2.0.3e. See attached screen shot that shows item, plus increased quantity.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

John2400

Hi swilkerson

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100812.0

might be what you are looking for

Just wondering because I saw similar issues - question: If you made the product name smaller does the price show up? just wondering

John2400

I updated to 2.0.4 today and my pricing issue was resolved -

* It was not calculating the totals in the columns - hope the update works for you.

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 10, 2012, 10:06:11 AM
I updated to 2.0.4 today and my pricing issue was resolved -

* It was not calculating the totals in the columns - hope the update works for you.

This issues is NOT resolved.

In the price column the price is not show.

VM 2.0.4 stable without cart template override.

The code that create the price to render in this table cell is here
/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/default_pricelist.php

<td align="center" >
<?php
//  vmdebug('$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]',$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey]['priceBeforeTax']);
echo $this->currencyDisplay->createPriceDiv('basePrice',''$this->cart->pricesUnformatted[$pkey],false);
//  echo $prow->salesPrice ;
?>

</td>

and is not working.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Joomla! 2.5.16 & VM 2.0.24b

John2400

simbus,

Hi I can confirm that when I get to the cart all the columns are adding correctly for me and it looks OK.

BUT<  now if I go to purchase a product - or confirm - yes I just get a mess - code and errors every where

and all pointing to >>    mail_html_pricelist.php on line 22

so the cart looks Ok buT - I have made a post about this - I can see others posting about your issue

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 10, 2012, 11:36:58 AM
simbus,

Hi I can confirm that when I get to the cart all the columns are adding correctly for me and it looks OK.

I have write here too http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=100812.0

The columns in cart are ok ONLY if you enable to show prices in configuration in administration!!!

So do you like to show in product detail view a dozen of price, tax, etc? :-S

i think the cart must not influenced from settings for product visualization!

John2400

Hi simbus82,

I have the configuration set in administration but in Australia we do not have to show the tax -

Infact Tax settings are presumed so my cart has nothing extra- we just sell the product at a price.

All goods must be sold with the tax included all the time - You are not allowed to sell a product and then add the tax at the counter.

* The price is the price - You the seller are responsible for all taxes - so we get a product - add 10% "GSTax" and then put the price on the good.
We then give that 10% to the government every month on all Goods and Services.
* but I think for the cart and your request It is important.
* very basic - but great for an Online shop

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 10, 2012, 12:13:14 PM
Hi simbus82,

I have the configuration set in administration but in Australia we do not have to show the tax -

Infact Tax settings are presumed so my cart has nothing extra- we just sell the product at a price.

All goods must be sold with the tax included all the time - You are not allowed to sell a product and then add the tax at the counter.

* The price is the price - You the seller are responsible for all taxes - so we get a product - add 10% "GSTax" and then put the price on the good.
We then give that 10% to the government every month on all Goods and Services.
* but I think for the cart and your request It is important.
* very basic - but great for an Online shop

i'm not speaking about prices and vat or discounts.

Simply in cart we have only ONE column for the "single product price" (not important if is with or without vat, there is a vat column and a discount column too!!!): it is a nonsense that we have to enable showing a specific price type in BE to fill this column with only one default price in FE.

Your speaking about tax is not about the fact that in the cart we don't see the single product price, indifferent of our pricing "logic".

John2400

Hi simbus82,

I am sorry I am missing the point here - in the backend I have only two ticks - base price and final price.

I was just explaining that I don't need to show anything else as I just ignore the taxes.

No other columns show up in my cart?
And my cart works -

simbus82

Quote from: John2400 on April 10, 2012, 12:43:52 PM
Hi simbus82,

I am sorry I am missing the point here - in the backend I have only two ticks - base price and final price.

I was just explaining that I don't need to show anything else as I just ignore the taxes.

No other columns show up in my cart?
And my cart works -

the problem is that config interface have to not set the price in the cart!!!!!

Now delete your two ticks... is it right that the cart now don't show the prices?

John2400

I agree ,

But I have had these ticked for over two months during every update from 2.0.2 until 2.0.4. over 10 updates and trials

That is why It has never been an issue for me and some. - I understand that in the description of 2.0.4 there has been a change in the way prices have changes in the  'VirtueMart 2.0.4 Final Revision: 5836 [easteregg] '' refresh update information.
You can read about these - in the back end of VM.

I think I'll just leave this post for now - thanks simbus82